Pm2 or manix 2

Pm2 or manix 2. Idk what one to get

• Pm2

Votes: 35 47.9%
  • Manix 2

Votes: 38 52.1%

• Total voters
Manix 2. I feel the Manix 2 is more heavy duty, and I can open/close it no problem with one hand. I like the caged BB lock as its similar to BM's Axis lock. Plus the ergo's for me are excellent.
Edit: I will admit that I like the blade shape of the PM 2 better.

Last edited:
I have both, like both which I choose on any given day is more to do with my mood than design
Spy%20Manx%20sm_zps87lsoopg.jpg

ParaMil2openLts_zpscf1a4f69.jpg

I like the smoother action of the pm2, but the lightweight and ergos of the Manix LW are hard to beat. If I had to choose I'd go with the pm2 though.

Neither. Buy the Military. :cool:

But if push comes to shove, it really depends on your usage. The PM2 is a veritable masterpiece of design, but if you are the prying type, it may fail you. I am not, with a knife, and I think it is superb. The Manix 2 is also a lovely design, more robust at the tip, but with more to go wrong in terms of the mechanics. Get both, after you purchase a Military.

The PM2 is alright but it never really appealed to me the way that the Manix2 , Military and Yojimbo2 appeal to me.

So I vote Manix2.

I have 4 or 5 of each ... and both are nice knives ... but I have a "to sell" list and there are none of my Manix IIs on it but all but one or two of my PM2s are going to be sold ...

I guess the Manix II just feels better in my hand and as someone mentioned I believe it has a slight edge in that it is more robust than the PM2 ...

both cut great and I would rate about even ... the CF PM2s weigh next to nothing ... which is why many like them ... but I prefer to know I have ahold of my tools so they are too light for me.

You can't make a wrong choice ... for me the Manix II edges out the PM2.

I've had my PM2 for ~8 years now and I had a PM1 for years before that. I've never had anything happen to the tip. With reasonable use, you shouldn't have issues with it either. If that's a concern for you, then the Manix 2 won't be the answer anyway. The Manix 2 feels better in hand for me, but overall, the PM2 works better for me because of size, both in hand and in the pocket.

Personally the Manix 2, the PM2 is easier out of the box the manix needs to break in a little while, but after breaking it's better in my opinion. I like that the steel liners go to the edge, where as the PM2 has nested liners.

Back