Pocket Blades

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by Redmeadow Knives, Jan 3, 2020.

1. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Not sleeping so great tonight. :( Anyone got a picture (or could take a couple please?) of the pocket blade (and sheath) compared to a Serrano? Thought I'd seen one somewhere, but can't seem to find it

Trying to get an idea of how this will compare in size to my Serrano, both the knife and the sheath. TIA!

2. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    What is this "sleep" thing that you speak of?

3. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Exactly.

4. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    My fugly prototype Cowbell sheath and a Serrano sheath. They're considerably different in width and thickness.
    20200405_100047-01.jpeg 20200405_095949-01.jpeg
    20200405_095834-01.jpeg

mitch4ging, Rupestris, CoryMc and 6 others like this.
  5. CoryMc

CoryMc Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2016
    Mack and Belloc like this.
  6. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
  7. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    I tried to line them up at the ricasso so you have an idea the handle length difference.
    20200405_145841-01.jpeg 20200405_145931-02.jpeg

8. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    That is a wee blade, isn't it. I think I like this one for potential pocket carry.

The Serrano would actually be a good pocket blade too but the sheath it has is too damn good. I haven't had many opportunities to get out of the house lately (work from home) but when I do, I am going to try the crossdraw setup.

mitch4ging, Redmeadow Knives and Mack like this.
  9. Belloc

Belloc Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Hey, John, what color is that on the Serrano sheath?

10. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    It's Medium Brown with a pinch of British Tan, If I had to guess at the ratio its maybe 80/20ish. I mix in enough British Tan to kill the dirty brown, it kind of warms it up. (British Tan isn't really tan at all, it almost has an orangish/red tint to it)

If you ever want to try that texturing, you need a technical tool known as "an old chunk of concrete" and a few practice runs with some water and a small hammer:D

mitch4ging, Melvin-Purvis and Mack like this.
  11. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Shadetree Burlap Micarta
    20200405_164554-01.jpeg

Message me if you want to supply your own material, reputable sources only please:thumbsup:

12. Belloc

Belloc Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Ha, thanks, John. Yeah, I remember reading, I guess in the Serrano thread, that you had used concrete for texturing. Interesting, on my screen, that color shows quite a bit of red. It looks good.

mitch4ging, Mack and Redmeadow Knives like this.
  13. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Yeah, I like that. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

mitch4ging and Redmeadow Knives like this.
  14. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    I thought the same thing, but when drawn backhand with intent, it would likely do serious damage to a soft target...

Mack likes this.
  15. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Is it too early for one of these? I'm not a drinker but these damn things might turn me into one....

Foofy ass frooty pebble tastin little sonsabitches.
    20200406_090919-01.jpeg
    I blame @T.Knotts

16. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I like ciders but typically only the drier stuff - here in the PNW, we have cider places all over the place. Can usually find a decent one without looking too hard.

What is that I spy under the can....

mitch4ging, trevitrace and Mack like this.
  17. Mack

Mack Expert Ultracrepidarian Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Hopefully the same thing I think I see. I like it.

Pàdruig likes this.
  18. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010

:D

I wish I could find the Angry Orchard Pear flavored ones in a 12 pack, these are a little sweet.

19. greatscoot

greatscoot Heavens to Murgatroyd! Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Gorgeous.

mitch4ging likes this.
  20. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    @greatscoot Damn knifemakers and their crappy communication!! Email sent, sorry for the delay Scott:oops:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    mitch4ging likes this.