The Cowbell Build Thread

Not sleeping so great tonight. :( Anyone got a picture (or could take a couple please?) of the pocket blade (and sheath) compared to a Serrano? Thought I'd seen one somewhere, but can't seem to find it

Trying to get an idea of how this will compare in size to my Serrano, both the knife and the sheath. TIA!

I tried to line them up at the ricasso so you have an idea the handle length difference.
View attachment 1316309 View attachment 1316310

That is a wee blade, isn't it. I think I like this one for potential pocket carry.

The Serrano would actually be a good pocket blade too but the sheath it has is too damn good. I haven't had many opportunities to get out of the house lately (work from home) but when I do, I am going to try the crossdraw setup.

Hey, John, what color is that on the Serrano sheath?
It's Medium Brown with a pinch of British Tan, If I had to guess at the ratio its maybe 80/20ish. I mix in enough British Tan to kill the dirty brown, it kind of warms it up. (British Tan isn't really tan at all, it almost has an orangish/red tint to it)

If you ever want to try that texturing, you need a technical tool known as "an old chunk of concrete" and a few practice runs with some water and a small hammer:D

It's Medium Brown with a pinch of British Tan, If I had to guess at the ratio its maybe 80/20ish. I mix in enough British Tan to kill the dirty brown, it kind of warms it up. (British Tan isn't really tan at all, it almost has an orangish/red tint to it)

If you ever want to try that texturing, you need a technical tool known as "an old chunk of concrete" and a few practice runs with some water and a small hammer:D
Ha, thanks, John. Yeah, I remember reading, I guess in the Serrano thread, that you had used concrete for texturing. Interesting, on my screen, that color shows quite a bit of red. It looks good.

Is it too early for one of these? I'm not a drinker but these damn things might turn me into one....

Foofy ass frooty pebble tastin little sonsabitches.
View attachment 1316766
I blame @T.Knotts

I like ciders but typically only the drier stuff - here in the PNW, we have cider places all over the place. Can usually find a decent one without looking too hard.

What is that I spy under the can....

Back