Pocket Blades

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by Redmeadow Knives, Jan 3, 2020.

1. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Perfect! Thank you! This looks like it's going to be a perfect little blade. This Busse HACK Bear Cub is a bit too small. Blade lengths look similar, but your handle looks much better. :cool: :thumbsup:

IMG_5235.jpg

Looks Great John! I have a Carothers Field Knife coming that will have a very similar color burlap micarta, and from the others I've seen, it will look great. Great texture and 3-D look! :cool:

2. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh, BTW, all this was not for naught. ;) I'm going to go with a regular belt loop sheath, right-handed. :)

Redmeadow Knives likes this.
  3. greatscoot

greatscoot Heavens to Murgatroyd! Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    John,
    Let’s go with that Blue Denim Micarta.
    Thanks,
    Scott

4. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

trevitrace likes this.
  5. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    Damn hippies!

OIP7ALOG65Z.jpg

Redmeadow Knives and Mack like this.
  6. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    She has a sad. :(

IMG_5244.JPG

7. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    This bone linen is super clean but every once in a while you come across a spec or two. 20 would blend in, but a single one stands out like a sore thumb, he's gotta go.
    20200408_151034-01.jpeg

Starting sheaths on these tomorrow.

8. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    I'm a sucker for small fixed blades. I don't know much about Busse Knives but I think there was one called a game warden(?) that I really liked, it seemed to be on the smaller side, I might be mistaken.

9. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    I've got a few, one called a magnum bear cub that I think is going to be really close to the cowbell.

10. greatscoot

greatscoot Heavens to Murgatroyd! Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I've got a Whiskey Warden, (thanks to a member here) a nice small Busse, probably smaller than the Cowbell, it's only a 3" blade.

11. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    IMG_20200408_192822_889.jpg

12. CoryMc

CoryMc Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2016
  13. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    This bone linen is like buttah.

CoryMc likes this.
  14. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    That bone linen is amazing.

15. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    The best part is that it's just translucent enough to have a little bit of glow when the sun hits it.

mitch4ging likes this.
  16. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    The best part is that it's just translucent enough to have a little bit of glow when the sun hits it.

17. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Pretty much all I would really ever need for a regular carry fixed blade :thumbsup: Nice one.

IMG_20200408_192822_889.jpg

Belloc likes this.
  18. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    I carry mine daily now. It stays on the belt and is tight enough that neither the knife nor sheath shift. I would mention that the Bone Linen handle is super smooth, textureless, so you'll probably want to add a pull cord of sorts; I call mine a ripcord... Very happy camper here! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

19. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    So glad to hear that Shel:thumbsup:

They sit so deep there's not much to grab onto, maybe we can figure out some kind of simple ripcord.

I have a question, once it is out of the sheath is the smoothness of the handle an issue? I tried to put enough contours in the handle so you could get a grip without needing a rough texture. We can always adjust things.

20. Belloc

Belloc Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Happy to make a braided leather thingmabopper for anyone who wants one. I got the idea from Horsewright. Construction is pretty technical, but I should be able to keep the price down to $50 or so once I've fired up the CNC equipment. Either the cash, or a burst of happy vibes, your choice. Be sure to specify how long you want it to hang from the handle and if you want more than 2 slits for pass-through (to make the thick part longer). This one is 2-2 1/2" long (one dangly is longer than the other). Also, I'd need to know the size of the hole - I made mine too thick and had to cut it down maybe three times because I couldn't get it through. You can always cut new slits and/or crop danglies yourself with your sleek new knife if the spirit moves you, of course. The only rule here is your satisfaction. All proceeds go to the Suppress Free Speech for Social Harmony Foundation. Warranty commensurate with cost.

IMG_20200409_133345.jpg

greatscoot and Melvin-Purvis like this.