The Cowbell Build Thread

I tried to line them up at the ricasso so you have an idea the handle length difference.
View attachment 1316309 View attachment 1316310

Perfect! Thank you! This looks like it's going to be a perfect little blade. This Busse HACK Bear Cub is a bit too small. Blade lengths look similar, but your handle looks much better. :cool: :thumbsup:

IMG_5235.jpg

Shadetree Burlap Micarta
View attachment 1316436

Message me if you want to supply your own material, reputable sources only please:thumbsup:

Looks Great John! I have a Carothers Field Knife coming that will have a very similar color burlap micarta, and from the others I've seen, it will look great. Great texture and 3-D look! :cool:

This Busse HACK Bear Cub is a bit too small.
I'm a sucker for small fixed blades. I don't know much about Busse Knives but I think there was one called a game warden(?) that I really liked, it seemed to be on the smaller side, I might be mistaken.

I'm a sucker for small fixed blades. I don't know much about Busse Knives but I think there was one called a game warden(?) that I really liked, it seemed to be on the smaller side, I might be mistaken.

I've got a few, one called a magnum bear cub that I think is going to be really close to the cowbell.

I've got a Whiskey Warden, (thanks to a member here) a nice small Busse, probably smaller than the Cowbell, it's only a 3" blade.

The best part is that it's just translucent enough to have a little bit of glow when the sun hits it.

The best part is that it's just translucent enough to have a little bit of glow when the sun hits it.

Pretty much all I would really ever need for a regular carry fixed blade :thumbsup: Nice one.

IMG_20200408_192822_889.jpg

I carry mine daily now. It stays on the belt and is tight enough that neither the knife nor sheath shift. I would mention that the Bone Linen handle is super smooth, textureless, so you'll probably want to add a pull cord of sorts; I call mine a ripcord... Very happy camper here! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So glad to hear that Shel:thumbsup:

They sit so deep there's not much to grab onto, maybe we can figure out some kind of simple ripcord.

I have a question, once it is out of the sheath is the smoothness of the handle an issue? I tried to put enough contours in the handle so you could get a grip without needing a rough texture. We can always adjust things.

Happy to make a braided leather thingmabopper for anyone who wants one. I got the idea from Horsewright. Construction is pretty technical, but I should be able to keep the price down to $50 or so once I've fired up the CNC equipment. Either the cash, or a burst of happy vibes, your choice. Be sure to specify how long you want it to hang from the handle and if you want more than 2 slits for pass-through (to make the thick part longer). This one is 2-2 1/2" long (one dangly is longer than the other). Also, I'd need to know the size of the hole - I made mine too thick and had to cut it down maybe three times because I couldn't get it through. You can always cut new slits and/or crop danglies yourself with your sleek new knife if the spirit moves you, of course. The only rule here is your satisfaction. All proceeds go to the Suppress Free Speech for Social Harmony Foundation. Warranty commensurate with cost.

IMG_20200409_133345.jpg

Back