Pocket Blades

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by Redmeadow Knives, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    This could call for a kickstarter, I'm thinking a 125k goal. Five thousand dollar buy in gets you two doohickeys AND a certificate of authenticity?:D

On a serious note that's a great idea Embry, something like would be perfect.

2. Belloc

Belloc Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2018
    I appreciate your insights, John. Since I already own much of the necessary equipment, I think we could rein the costs in under 100K. For the 5K buy-in, I'm thinking parchment certificates with 24K lettering, if that works for y'all...

With everything undyed, at least it'll all match :)

3. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    I'm still snickering over your the first post, I can picture it as a Monty Pythin skit.

4. Belloc

Nov 10, 2018
    I think they're taking the daily news from old Monty Python sketches.

5. Belloc

Nov 10, 2018
    Hey, John, did you make those Serrano sheaths out of the same thickness of leather as the Cowbell sheaths?

6. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    I did, but I skive down the Cowbell sheaths quite a bit so they taper and aren't blocky.

7. Belloc

Nov 10, 2018
    Ah, ok, thanks.

8. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Hey, we don't need to know what you do in your skivvies!:eek:

Melvin-Purvis likes this.
  9. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Hey, it's all part of the package:D

Wait, what?
    [​IMG]

jlauffer likes this.
  10. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    John, once out of the sheath, it's fine, still smooth, but there's plenty to hold onto, especially if the rip cord is tucked into the hand; it's the initial pinkie grasp/pull effort. Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing with the design of knife or sheath - but if I was to order another, I'd probably go with a grippier handle material.

Mack and Rupestris like this.
  11. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Snakeskin micarta satin Game Warden added for reference. ;) :thumbsup: (Probably my favorite micarta of all time. :cool:)

IMG_5263.jpg

The Game Warden model is almost exactly the same length as the Serrano, but it's got a lot more junk in the trunk (thicker stock, and much larger diameter handle), but it fits my XXL hands well. One of the only Busse without a lanyard hole somewhere aft of the handle slabs. A popular model for good reason, but one of the smaller Busse.

Adam is probably right, the Magnum Bear Cub is probably very close in size to the Cowbell Pocket Blade. Can't wait!!! :D

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Crazy Canuck and gunspease like this.
  12. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Gettin threads updated and these punched.
    20200414_130232-01.jpeg

13. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    While these pocket blades were intended to be a more entry-level Redmeadow knife, I think if you keep making them they're going to become your signature knife, and something you'll become very well-known for. Not a bad thing either, IMO. :cool:

14. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Can always tell when there's leather work going on at the Redmeadow compound... ;)

Mack and Redmeadow Knives like this.
  15. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Ha right? I'm stitching the third one up now. The pocket clip model is pretty cool.

greatscoot and Mack like this.
  16. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    These are all stitched and waiting, I just need a block of shop time long enough to wet form and case them, should be tomorrow. Damn hobby knifemakers!:D
    20200421_183513-01.jpeg
    Pocket clip is for a left front pocket, I think it's gonna turn out well.

17. Dopic1

Dopic1 Irredeemable wood purveyor Platinum Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Those is gonna be sweet John, the pocket clip looks pretty cool!

18. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Yeah, I think it's gonna be the cats meow, I already want one lol. We can thank @gunspease for talking me into trying one out.

Rupestris, Dopic1, Mack and 1 other person like this.
  19. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    IMG_20200423_103351_557.jpg IMG_20200423_103351_558.jpg

20. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Redmeadow Knives likes this.