The Cowbell Build Thread

This caught my eye when I walked in the shop. I saw it and for a split second thought "When did I sketch that!?" it's actually just a regular Cowbell on a curved piece of paper, funny how the angle made a perfect wharncliffe. Rupestris Rupestris was it you that mentioned a wharnie? We may have to add those.
20200513_093323-01.jpeg
(I cut out the handle on a Cowbell sketch to mock up some handle material)

This caught my eye when I walked in the shop. I saw it and for a split second thought "When did I sketch that!?" it's actually just a regular Cowbell on a curved piece of paper, funny how the angle made a perfect wharncliffe. Rupestris Rupestris was it you that mentioned a wharnie? We may have to add those.
View attachment 1339562
(I cut out the handle on a Cowbell sketch to mock up some handle material)

Oh my. :eek: YES PLEASE!!! :cool: :thumbsup: I will put dibs in for a Wharnie Cowbell now! :D

Here are some of my thoughts on the Cowbell and pocket sheath after a couple of weeks with it. When I’m just playing with the knife the handle seems a little small (XL glove) but when I’m using it it locks in nice and I don’t think about the handle size, I open a lot of boxes and packages at work. The pocket sheath is GREAT hold the knife Firm and the pocket really solid. No one has said anything to me at work as it hides pretty well. This set up is a really work well for me here are a couple of pictures. Thanks John
A5E8038F-8200-4AD4-A9A5-0EA2880C71A2.jpeg 5A77BF0C-A373-408F-A267-B38868C22F44.jpeg 82265439-005F-4EA8-9270-97472B0A9FD3.jpeg 51525256-7944-414E-B8D1-84DD19149A70.jpeg

Nice, that black clip hides it well too. Great to see it's getting some use! Thanks for posting that Greg, I was wondering how that was working out:thumbsup:

I would've never thought a pocket sheath would be the way to go; I would've been wrong. :thumbsup:

Makes for a fine mushroom harvestin' knife.

7pYTFZe.jpg

6 pockets with heat treat complete
6 more in the oven (shown below with a Faro)
3 more ground and ready for HT

That's a total of 15 pockets that are ground and in or waiting for HT.

Once they are complete I'll focus on pairs, possibly threes.

20200523_134835-01.jpeg

Update for SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak & greatscoot greatscoot

We're both handsanded and I'm drilling and cutting scales right now.

Heads up Jared, it looks like we'll have enough starry night left over for another Cowbell. I'll stash it away with your name on it and maybe we can use it on a wharnie one day or as spacers or something:thumbsup:

Back