The Cowbell Build Thread

That'll do nicely! I've been wanting to try some of that for a while, it's antique rag and not new I gather?

I needs to be more careful iz cut myself agains yesterday, this little m$%#@ f$&&$%r is sharp!
al7XFNQ.jpg

I saw these pins in an Instagram post by @i4Marc (aldrich_knife on IG). I usually use needles to do this and it can be hell on the fingers if you dont use pliers. Thanks Marc for posting those.

I'd never seen pins like this and I didn't even know that they were push pins but I found a box at Staples for a couple of bucks. Wait, are these what we pinned the frog down with during dissection? Anyways, they work great to line things up when gluing.

First time I've used the silver clips, they give a really nice contrast.
20200810_200516-01.jpeg

If the picture doesnt make sense, those are the two 'halves' of the sheath being glued together, the square piece is the welt that will be trimmed down after stitching and forming. The only way I know to prevent a sloppy backside (get your mind out of the gutter:confused:) is to punch each side individually and line up the holes during glue up, that gives clean stitches front and back. I still plan on pulling the trigger on a sewing machine but man is it hard to drop that kind of cash, I keep putting it off as if I'll find some other miraculous cheaper solution.

I use a LOT of pins just like that for a lot of fishing stuff. Also can be found at most fabric/craft stores fwiw.

Thanks guys, it's my original blade stamp from before I started etching. I know I've forgotten to use it on a few of the Cowbells:oops:

Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck & @Ajack60 Your Dibs are up.

If you have any questions about any of the options just ask. @Ajack60 I have you down for red linen micarta and a left hand sheath, let me know if that still stands.

I'll need the following when you get a chance.

Handle material preference (This post is up to date with materials)

Sheath choice: Belt, Slip, or Pocket Clip (let me know Right or left pocket, black or silver clip).

Address

PM/Conversation me or email me at redmeadowknives @ gmail

As always, if the timings bad or you want out of the Dibs just say the word.

John, your leather is looking almost as good as your steel :D

I agree with CC’s statement. I love how lean, simple, and solid your sheaths are. They are proportionally perfect for the handy size of the knife. No excess fat that detracts from the visual and practical nimbleness of the package. The hand sewn fit and finish really shines through In the finished product. They have such a handsome elegance that is only going to get better with age and use.

I will be choosing a belt sheath when my Dibs comes up in a few months. The slot design that allows vertical or cross-draw carry is genius in its simplicity. Very cool! :cool:

Keep up the great work John. I am patiently looking forward to the day when the Cowbell is riding on my belt. :thumbsup:

Phil

Was a treat to wake up this morning and see the message from John that my dibs is up! PM sent :D

Time flies, for sure.

Back