The Cowbell Build Thread

I agree with CC’s statement. I love how lean, simple, and solid your sheaths are. They are proportionally perfect for the handy size of the knife. No excess fat that detracts from the visual and practical nimbleness of the package. The hand sewn fit and finish really shines through In the finished product. They have such a handsome elegance that is only going to get better with age and use.

I will be choosing a belt sheath when my Dibs comes up in a few months. The slot design that allows vertical or cross-draw carry is genius in its simplicity. Very cool! :cool:

Keep up the great work John. I am patiently looking forward to the day when the Cowbell is riding on my belt. :thumbsup:

Phil
Thanks Phil, that first paragraph describes exactly what I'm going for with these and most of my knives in general:thumbsup:

I agree with CC’s statement. I love how lean, simple, and solid your sheaths are. They are proportionally perfect for the handy size of the knife. No excess fat that detracts from the visual and practical nimbleness of the package. The hand sewn fit and finish really shines through In the finished product. They have such a handsome elegance that is only going to get better with age and use.

~ I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS. YOUR LEATHER WORK STANDS ON ITS OWN PERFECTION. ~

I will be choosing a belt sheath when my Dibs comes up in a few months. The slot design that allows vertical or cross-draw carry is genius in its simplicity. Very cool! :cool:

Keep up the great work John. I am patiently looking forward to the day when the Cowbell is riding on my belt. :thumbsup:

Phil

Vertical or cross draw? :confused: How do it know? o_O

I don't see it. :( Sorry to be dense. This concept has great appeal.

Vertical or cross draw? :confused: How do it know? o_O

I don't see it. :( Sorry to be dense. This concept has great appeal.
Nanobots in the leather allow it to transform....:eek:

Hmm, Imagine if you wear this on your left side, the long slot lets you cant it forward, (your belt would run in the same direction of the grain in the wood pictured).
IMG_20200814_165209_075.jpg

Last edited:
OH yeah :cool: Can I assume that you don't need to wedge it in - doesn't want to roll to vertical?
You are seriously making me reconsider the pocket clip option. ;)

I love that you are getting to practice on all these others before you get to mine :rolleyes: Though, my friend, I don't see how you can improve on these beauties you have been producing. These will become iconic Redmeadows.

@Crazy Canuck & Ajack60 Ajack60 Your Dibs are up.

If you have any questions about any of the options just ask. Ajack60 Ajack60 I have you down for red linen micarta and a left hand sheath, let me know if that still stands.

I'll need the following when you get a chance.

Handle material preference (This post is up to date with materials)

Sheath choice: Belt, Slip, or Pocket Clip (let me know Right or left pocket, black or silver clip).

Address

PM/Conversation me or email me at redmeadowknives @ gmail

As always, if the timings bad or you want out of the Dibs just say the word.

PM sent with the info needed. Don't know why I didn't get an alert. :mad: But I'm here now:p

Red Linen and Blue Canyon for the next pair. The knives are ground, heat treated and ready for handsanding.

RayseM RayseM just saw your question Ray, they are able to rotate it shouldn't. I wore the prototype around for a little bit and didnt have that problem. I don't wet form an open slot in the belt loops on these so they should break in to your belt and how its worn.

PM sent with the info needed. Don't know why I didn't get an alert. :mad: But I'm here now:p
Good to hear from you, the alert system has been acting strange and random all year for some reason.

This little blade is flawless, with simply astonishing detail work. The way the grinds come together perfectly at all points, the gentle rounding of the spine forward of the handle, the way the distal taper leaves just a little meat at the point, then bevels it together evenly, the subtle shaping of the handle in all dimensions - I could go on, but those of you that already have one in hand already know this. Just beautiful. Machine made stuff and handmade stuff each have their distinctive characteristics - characteristic flaws, that is - but this little gem is as close to perfect as a little gem can be. Your work has my unreserved admiration, John.

IMG_0733.jpg

This little blade is flawless, with simply astonishing detail work. The way the grinds come together perfectly at all points, the gentle rounding of the spine forward of the handle, the way the distal taper leaves just a little meat at the point, then bevels it together evenly, the subtle shaping of the handle in all dimensions - I could go on, but those of you that already have one in hand already know this. Just beautiful. Machine made stuff and handmade stuff each have their distinctive characteristics - characteristic flaws, that is - but this little gem is as close to perfect as a little gem can be. Your work has my unreserved admiration, John.

View attachment 1401080

Amen...and the denim looks fantastic!

arrow-pointed-down-animated.gif

2020 ain't gonna be all bad....
1st Annual
Deluxe Cowbell
One per year
Auctioned here
October/Novemeber

Start hidin yo money now

So basically if it comes apart you can hide money in it. ;)
Will the deluxe Cowbell have a removable but cap or something?

Cool idea John, with or without the secret compartment. :thumbsup:

No compartment, just some suggestions where to hide your money to avoid temptation! It'll be an epic little piece.

Last edited:
Spy!! Then you know hard it was to skin that Bigfoot!

Back