The Cowbell Build Thread

Vote in the Poll Please!!

Even if you're not interested in the Deluxe this year, check out the poll and throw in your two cents please.

Lottery wouldn't be a bad idea, but you can't wuss out and put it up for sale for less than it's worth for the premium model.

Another option might be a write-in auction. There's a name for it, I can't recall what it is. We all send in our max bid via email, highest bid wins (but has to pay what their written bid was, even if it was one million dollars). Only you, John, and the winner need to know what the winning price was.

I voted raffle AND lottery - both fun and rather random BUT lottery is the most fair to the GROUP - as everyone gets an equal chance, not based on how many $$s more one can throw in.

I like that the lottery is more like everyone calling DIBS has a chance and you get your fair price.

YES - to keeping participation open to those who are already Redmeadow forum participants.

Looks like Lottery is the leader, I'll leave it open for a while I case anyone wants to change their minds.

Here's some clarification and my thoughts so far.

A Lottery would be open to anyone that wants in, I may advertise it on Instagram as well although they would have to enter here on BF.

A Raffle would be a certain amount of entries, totalling the same price as the Lotto would go for.

An Auction would be bids in a designated thread, through PM/Conversation or Email. I'd keep the current bid up to date in the thread.

A Straight Sale would be a sales thread at a designated time, first come first serve.

Lottery wouldn't be a bad idea, but you can't wuss out and put it up for sale for less than it's worth for the premium model
Good point Jared, it'll go for more than the Dibs price for a regular one but it will be a fair price.

Another option might be a write-in auction. There's a name for it, I can't recall what it is. We all send in our max bid via email, highest bid wins (but has to pay what their written bid was, even if it was one million dollars). Only you, John, and the winner need to know what the winning price was.
I've seen that done before, it always seemed kind of strange but I do like that it's private.

Thanks for the fun opportunity John, whatever you decide.

My vote went for the lottery. Experience has shown that I do better with a long odds lucky chance in a lottery than I do with fumble-fingers keyboard skills and slow internet refresh rates during any straight sales on BF.

If you decide to go with a silent auction (my least favorite choice), I'll tell you up front that my bid will be a positive number followed by four zeros "0000". That's the good news. :cool: The bad news is that there will be a decimal point "." rather than a comma "," somewhere between the zeros. :p

Phil

I like the Lotto idea the best too. I see too many raffles that either do'nt have a predetermined ticket count, or a ticket count that equals waaaay more than the cost of the item, personally I think that's robbery. "Step right up and have a chance at this 100 dollar knife for just 10 dollars!!" as they sell 75 tickets.... Unless you're upfront about where the funds are going, like "funds raised are going to help purchase machine X, or upgrade machine Y", that is at least straight forward. Anyways, I'll stop my raffle rant;)

Oh and Comprehensivist Comprehensivist what's a little comma amongst friends:D

One of the forums I hang out on has raffle of 10 spots for X dollars. So if the raffle is for a 100 dollar item then 10 bucks per spot.

Lottery is up for the Deluxe Here. It's a "Winner Buys" Lotto, not a Giveaway.
20200914_141310-01.jpeg

Ajack60 Ajack60 and Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck I'm gonna be getting your sheaths finished up soon. If you want to put in for the Deluxe and happen to get it, you can pass your Dibs on these so you're not stuck with two.

Great news John! As nice as the 2020 looks though... Sticking with blue canyon all the way :p:thumbsup:

Lottery is up for the Deluxe Here. It's a "Winner Buys" Lotto, not a Giveaway.
View attachment 1421252

Ajack60 Ajack60 and Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck I'm gonna be getting your sheaths finished up soon. If you want to put in for the Deluxe and happen to get it, you can pass your Dibs on these so you're not stuck with two.

Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids. Why wouldn’t anyone want two ??. I’m already smitten with the red micarta from the pics. And, what everyone is saying about these knives, for me one won’t be enough.

Drawing for the deluxe tonight, 8 entries in the Buyers Lotto, get your name in today if you're on the fence:thumbsup:

I should have the sheaths for these finished this week. Here's some merch eye candy, I'm slowly getting the process down.
IMG_20200920_123435_719.jpg

Blue Denim and Blue Denim.
GT9I0N9.jpg

That moment when someone asks if you have a knife and you instinctively reach for your Cowbell then rethink it and reach for your pocket knife - then rethink it once again and ask what they plan on cutting, before offering to cut it for them... o_O

That moment when someone asks if you have a knife and you instinctively reach for your Cowbell then rethink it and reach for your pocket knife - then rethink it once again and ask what they plan on cutting, before offering to cut it for them... o_O
Ha, you need a "drop" knife:D

Cowbell owners when someone asks to borrow a knife....

tenor.gif

Back