1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Pocket Blades

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by Redmeadow Knives, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    IMG_20201002_100239_575-01.jpeg

TPVT, Pàdruig, Ajack60 and 5 others like this.
  2. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    IMG_20201002_131434_925.jpg

jmgruber, Pàdruig, Ajack60 and 5 others like this.
  3. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Bottom line? I like em all! :thumbsup:

Belloc and jlauffer like this.
  4. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    John, man that turned out gorgeous!!!
    I’m finally going to see what all the fuss is about. And a well built leather sheath too boot. With the way this year has turned out, at least I’ll have something to bring a smile to my face ....... Now the countdown begins.

Crazy Canuck and RayseM like this.
  5. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Ode to Blue Canyon ;)

Ajack60 likes this.
  6. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    It's a well known fact that Carly Simon is a big fan of the cowbell.

At the 2 minute mark it really begins to explore the space.

Crazy Canuck likes this.
  7. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    This beauty just arrived in the Deep South. What an excellent pocket carry fixed blade. For me, it’s the perfect size to carry while I’m doing my plumbing side jobs. :)

97C19341-4732-403B-A11E-3A63CC004389.jpeg

Pàdruig, RayseM, BIGDORK and 9 others like this.
  8. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Special delivery today way up North :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll echo what those before have already said... These are very cool knives! Can't wait to find an excuse to put it to use.

Thanks again John!

9. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    I'm back in the saddle, been out of town all month. Let's see, where were we.... @Ron L where you is?

I've been looking forward to this set. These are for you and your twin right? We may have to etch something cool on the spines for you guys. Let me know if you have any ideas.

jmgruber and Crazy Canuck like this.
  10. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Thing 1 and Thing 2? :p

11. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Ha, that's what I was thinking.

jlauffer likes this.
  12. jmgruber

jmgruber Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 27, 2018
    I bet the blue will bring out some great color when the blade gets some patina on it :cool:

Redmeadow Knives likes this.
  13. Ron L

Ron L Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 23, 1999
    AA1DEDBA-6486-4AF3-8301-9BD583E4851A.jpeg

jlauffer and Redmeadow Knives like this.
  14. Ron L

Mar 23, 1999
    Hmmm, hadn’t thought of any special etching. I’ll have to put on my thinking cap. Trying to be on a more serious note. Instead of Thing, use Knife 1 and Knife 2? Twin 1 and Twin 2? Or the ubiquitous 1 of 2 and 2 of 2, which works for knives or us? I’ll mull it over.

I love the sheaths with the pocket clips and I’m sure he will too. Do you think there may be enough material from that slab for a couple of lanyard beads or cowbells? Just a thought.

Rupestris likes this.
  15. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Do you know how far apart you were born? Just throwing ideas out there but we could etch the time of your births or the date and time, maybe something like that. Maybe "Two of a kind"? Maybe something simple like first names or initials. We've got time to think about it. I may start a new progress thread for these when we get going.

I don't offer the mini Cowbells on these normally but let's do it on these since yours was the Cowbell that started the whole gag. There should be enough material to make a couple out of the leftover material.

Rupestris likes this.
  16. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    Could be A & B or Aa & aA or I & II etc. Simple for these pocket blades as they are elegant in their simplicity. This is the lessismore concept.

17. Ron L

Mar 23, 1999
    I was born first by 6 minutes, something I always give him shit about. Mom and dad, by design, named him Don so he came first alphabetically, something he always gives me shit about.

Yeah, this will require some thought.

greatscoot and Rupestris like this.
  18. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    To those of you using carrying these with the pocket clip on the sheath - do these carry, in a front pocket, pretty much as comfortably as a big folder on a clip? I have carried quite a few near 4" bladed folders, of different thicknesses, without ever thinking about having something in my pocket until I need the knife. Will this one carry as comfortably or is it more like having 2 knives in your pocket?

Thanks. As you can, tell I'm considering my options. :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  19. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    That's a great question Ray! I'm looking forward to the answers myself. If they lean more towards yes, I'm going to have to do some hard thinking.

20. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    I carry it in the front pocket. I can hardly tell the difference between it and a large Sebenza or other knife.

Rupestris and RayseM like this.