The Cowbell Build Thread

Special delivery today way up North :D

7NKEAzo.jpg

1rYCFbj.jpg

8plczZQ.jpg

I'll echo what those before have already said... These are very cool knives! Can't wait to find an excuse to put it to use.

Thanks again John!

I'm back in the saddle, been out of town all month. Let's see, where were we.... Ron L Ron L where you is?

I've been looking forward to this set. These are for you and your twin right? We may have to etch something cool on the spines for you guys. Let me know if you have any ideas.

I'm back in the saddle, been out of town all month. Let's see, where were we.... Ron L Ron L where you is?

I've been looking forward to this set. These are for you and your twin right? We may have to etch something cool on the spines for you guys. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thing 1 and Thing 2? :p

Hmmm, hadn’t thought of any special etching. I’ll have to put on my thinking cap. Trying to be on a more serious note. Instead of Thing, use Knife 1 and Knife 2? Twin 1 and Twin 2? Or the ubiquitous 1 of 2 and 2 of 2, which works for knives or us? I’ll mull it over.

I love the sheaths with the pocket clips and I’m sure he will too. Do you think there may be enough material from that slab for a couple of lanyard beads or cowbells? Just a thought.

Do you know how far apart you were born? Just throwing ideas out there but we could etch the time of your births or the date and time, maybe something like that. Maybe "Two of a kind"? Maybe something simple like first names or initials. We've got time to think about it. I may start a new progress thread for these when we get going.

I don't offer the mini Cowbells on these normally but let's do it on these since yours was the Cowbell that started the whole gag. There should be enough material to make a couple out of the leftover material.

Could be A & B or Aa & aA or I & II etc. Simple for these pocket blades as they are elegant in their simplicity. This is the lessismore concept.

Do you know how far apart you were born? Just throwing ideas out there but we could etch the time of your births or the date and time, maybe something like that. Maybe "Two of a kind"? Maybe something simple like first names or initials. We've got time to think about it. I may start a new progress thread for these when we get going.

I don't offer the mini Cowbells on these normally but let's do it on these since yours was the Cowbell that started the whole gag. There should be enough material to make a couple out of the leftover material.

I was born first by 6 minutes, something I always give him shit about. Mom and dad, by design, named him Don so he came first alphabetically, something he always gives me shit about.

Yeah, this will require some thought.

To those of you using carrying these with the pocket clip on the sheath - do these carry, in a front pocket, pretty much as comfortably as a big folder on a clip? I have carried quite a few near 4" bladed folders, of different thicknesses, without ever thinking about having something in my pocket until I need the knife. Will this one carry as comfortably or is it more like having 2 knives in your pocket?

Thanks. As you can, tell I'm considering my options. :)

Last edited:
That's a great question Ray! I'm looking forward to the answers myself. If they lean more towards yes, I'm going to have to do some hard thinking.

Back