The Cowbell Build Thread

Waterjets blanks are in for the Cowbells, when the current Dibs are completed, I'll open up for new Dibs and add one blade design.

This shape allows for everything from the original Drop point, to a spear, a Zulu, or a wharncliffe.

Eventually I'd like to have each one as an option, but because each one causes me to design a new sheath, we'll add one at a time. So the question is, which design is next? I'll set up a poll at the top of the page.
View attachment 1478144

Man, you is SO smart! :thumbsup: :D

That's actually pretty ingenious to be honest. Nicely done John, nicely done!

tenor.gif

I think it'll work out well, it let's me keep an even inventory of all the blade designs at once, and no having to pay for separate waterjet batches. I drew it up a while ago and thought I was pretty clever. Since then I've noticed a couple of others do it, there's nothing new under the sun:)

Waterjets blanks are in for the Cowbells, when the current Dibs are completed, I'll open up for new Dibs and add one blade design.

This shape allows for everything from the original Drop point, to a spear, a Zulu, or a wharncliffe.

Eventually I'd like to have each one as an option, but because each one causes me to design a new sheath, we'll add one at a time. So the question is, which design is next? I'll set up a poll at the top of the page.
View attachment 1478144
Straight Razor?

And who said nothing good can come out of 2020? :D

I really like my drop point, but I would really LOVE a Zulu. I'll hopefully be able to put a dibbs in for one!

I have 8 names left for the last of this original run. If any of the 8 want to hold off for the coming Zulu, that's cool just know that I'll be doing the Drop points first before moving on to Zulus. So for example if you're first on the list below and you want a Zulu, you'll move to number 8.

I'll be doing these in 2 groups of four each.

First Group
1 @lex2006
2 @Mink
3 Pàdruig Pàdruig
4 Tope (off forum)

Second Group
5 @Comprehensivist
6 @RayseM
7 Wharn Wharn (First Zulu)
8 pease pease (Zulu)

LET ME KNOW THE FOLLOWING:

1. Handle Materials:
Richlite: Redstone, Blue Canyon, Black Diamond

Linen Micarta: Bone, Red, Green, Black

Blue Denim Micarta: Limited Supply

Other Micarta: If you want to send me micarta let me know beforehand. Known sources only, no home brew please.

2. Sheath:
Belt
Slip
Pocket Clip (Silver or Black Clip, and which pocket you want it to ride in)

3: If you want to send your addresses I can mark them down on your build cards. My email is my username at gmail (# 3,7,and 8 I have yours unless they've changed very recently)

When we open Dibs again, we'll offer the Drops and Zulus as an option (and very likely the Wharncliffes as well)

If any of you need out of your Dibs, your reason is your business, just let me know and I'll take your name off the list (no substitutes please). You'll get no questions from me and absolutely no hard feelings.

If you guys have ANY questions at all, let me know and we'll make sure we're all on the same page and crystal clear.

Last edited:
Will do, I'll get things updated. Thank You and a Happy New Year to you as well!

I would like to change mine to a Zulu and I’ll be sending you some handle material if that’s ok? With a left handed silver pocket sheath.

Back