The Cowbell Build Thread

Quick update:

Blue denim, Red Linen, Blue Bones, and Idaho Mudwood are attached. I'll be shaping them within the next couple of days.

Nice work John! All four turned out great. You knocked those out pretty quick compared to prior pairs. Your efficiency ideas are paying off. :thumbsup:

Really like that bottom blue one!

That one is Blue Bones G-Carta. This was my first time ordering something from G.L. Hansen. I wasn’t sure how the flow would work given the fact that there are sections in the material with straighter grain and other areas with ripples and/or a change in grain direction. John was nice enough to send me a handle template so that I could choose the layout I thought would look best. John did an awesome job of bringing it to life! :cool:

Phil

Nice work John! All four turned out great. You knocked those out pretty quick compared to prior pairs. Your efficiency ideas are paying off. :thumbsup:

That one is Blue Bones G-Carta. This was my first time ordering something from G.L. Hansen. I wasn’t sure how the flow would work given the fact that there are sections in the material with straighter grain and other areas with ripples and/or a change in grain direction. John was nice enough to send me a handle template so that I could choose the layout I thought would look best. John did an awesome job of bringing it to life! :cool:

Phil

That "chevron" patterned grain is what I love about it

I tried a different workflow in these four and it worked out much better. Four at a time will probably be the new norm. Four in progress with four in Dibs to be taken from the Newsletter first, then elsewhere.

Great job on the lineup Phil, the chevrons pointing to the rear really makes for a nice effect. The pattern on the spine and butt end looks awesome.

Back