1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Pocket Blades

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by Redmeadow Knives, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Quick update:

Blue denim, Red Linen, Blue Bones, and Idaho Mudwood are attached. I'll be shaping them within the next couple of days.

Comprehensivist likes this.
  2. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    20210117_200437-01.jpeg

Crazy Canuck and Comprehensivist like this.
  3. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Ron L, lex2006, RayseM and 1 other person like this.
  4. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    RayseM likes this.
  5. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    I thought so too. Couldn't resist, just picked up a block.

RayseM likes this.
  6. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Four ugly ducklings
    20210118_125642-01.jpeg

7. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    ^Like gemstones in the rough. It’s only going to get better from here. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the WIP photos John!

Phil

Redmeadow Knives likes this.
  8. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Roughed in, these are gonna be a handsome bunch.
    20210119_025223-01.jpeg

9. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    20210120_002013-01.jpeg

Mink, Wharn, Melvin-Purvis and 9 others like this.
  10. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I'm gettin' cited :D

Rupestris likes this.
  11. jlauffer

Apr 11, 2016
    Really like that bottom blue one!

12. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    What’s the purple one that looks really nice

13. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    That would be Idaho Mudwood from G-Carta - mine I think. Glad you like it. ;)

Melvin-Purvis likes this.
  14. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    That’s what I thought it was. Very nice

15. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    The Mudwood looks really cool in person, I can't get the colors to show up in a photo.

Ron L and RayseM like this.
  16. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Nice work John! All four turned out great. You knocked those out pretty quick compared to prior pairs. Your efficiency ideas are paying off. :thumbsup:

That one is Blue Bones G-Carta. This was my first time ordering something from G.L. Hansen. I wasn’t sure how the flow would work given the fact that there are sections in the material with straighter grain and other areas with ripples and/or a change in grain direction. John was nice enough to send me a handle template so that I could choose the layout I thought would look best. John did an awesome job of bringing it to life! :cool:

Phil

prom52 and RayseM like this.
  17. jlauffer

Apr 11, 2016
    That "chevron" patterned grain is what I love about it

Rupestris and RayseM like this.
  18. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    I tried a different workflow in these four and it worked out much better. Four at a time will probably be the new norm. Four in progress with four in Dibs to be taken from the Newsletter first, then elsewhere.

Great job on the lineup Phil, the chevrons pointing to the rear really makes for a nice effect. The pattern on the spine and butt end looks awesome.

Comprehensivist and RayseM like this.
  19. Ron L

Ron L Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Ours looks better in person too.

That Blue Bones is some pretty sexy stuff too.

RayseM and Rupestris like this.
  20. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    20210122_204549-01.jpeg

Crazy Canuck, RayseM and jlauffer like this.