The Cowbell Build Thread

dummy-photo-u1

What in the wide wide world of left handed wharny sheaths is a goin on here
20210908_150443-01.jpeg

The more I use it the more I like it. Kinda regret not getting a sheath with a clip on it.

rbKjICa.jpg
Oooh that's got a lotta love on it, that patina looks sweet.

The next Dibs will mark the transition to the machine stitched sheaths on the Cowbells. Still handmade by me but the painful hours of punching and lining up over a thousand holes per group of knives will be eliminated. That should allow you guys to order extra sheaths without me slowing production to a halt. That will also allow me to add more things to the line up like Operation Stacked Leather which I am pumped about. More on that later.

Thanks it just got back out for the next few weeks carry. 18 deg I cut a lot of packages and boxes at work so I touch it up every few work days and put stuff away dull and try to sharpen every other month or so.

Last edited:
I want to thank everyone again for being a part of our Clan. The most satisfying part of knifemaking for me is attaching your face or your avatar to a knife when I'm making it. Especially with the Cowbells, they have an image in my mind with details of you guys attached. Conversations we've had, pictures you've posted, if you're left or right handed, hobbies, etc. Creepy right? Anyways, a big thanks once again.

I'm sharpening up this group of four and will be getting them packed up very soon. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think of the new packaging they'll be going out in, no more hokey packed boxes with leftover Amazon bubble wrap:p

I want to thank everyone again for being a part of our Clan. The most satisfying part of knifemaking for me is attaching your face or your avatar to a knife when I'm making it. Especially with the Cowbells, they have an image in my mind with details of you guys attached. Conversations we've had, pictures you've posted, if you're left or right handed, hobbies, etc. Creepy right? Anyways, a big thanks once again.

I'm sharpening up this group of four and will be getting them packed up very soon. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think of the new packaging they'll be going out in, no more hokey packed boxes with leftover Amazon bubble wrap:p
This is why you're easily one of my favorite guys on here or anywhere John. Thanks for creating what you have and being so easy to be a part of! What an awesome place to be with a great guy

Would you call these Semi-Customs? Lefties, righties, Belts, Clips, Drops, Wharns, this model is shaping up to have a pretty good amount of options. Definitely not Customs, but more than your average click and ship. What do you guys think?
IMG_20210916_133227_602-01.jpeg

Would you call these Semi-Customs? Lefties, righties, Belts, Clips, Drops, Wharns, this model is shaping up to have a pretty good amount of options. Definitely not Customs, but more than your average click and ship. What do you guys think?
View attachment 1641283
I disagree, they are custom knives all the way. Each one unique and individual, coming from only one maker. That's just my two cents FWIW.

Back