Pocket Clips: Yes or No?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Mark J, Aug 22, 2008.

I prefer to carry an EDC...

1. with a pocket clip

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. without a pocket clip

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. makes no difference to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mark J

Mark J Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2001
    I've discovered an interesting tendency I've developed over the past few years of knife usage: I only tend to EDC knives with clips. I have plenty of knives to choose from when picking my EDC, but like most of us I only EDC a subset in my rotation. Every one of these has a clip. I really like the convenience of a clipped knife. So what's your preference?

- Mark

2. THG

THG

May 18, 2008
    I like it to be removable so I can choose when to have a pocket clip.

3. Only when the knife has a lanyard. If I'm wearing a long shirt, I might clip it in my back or front pocket. If it is tip down, I don't use a pocket clip. I normally let it sit at the bottom of my pocket, whether it has a clip or not.

4. jacktrades_nbk

jacktrades_nbk

Feb 7, 2007
    my favorite carry method is clipped IWB, so...besides the sheated classical folders, which could use a clip, but hurts their appeareance a little...im for the clipped folders.

5. Avg_Joe

Avg_Joe

Feb 23, 2008
    I prefer to have a clip usually but not on my "gents" knives. I don't like to have a pocket clips showing on a pair of dress pants.

6. orthogonal1

orthogonal1

Oct 30, 2005
    I want a "pocket clip" even though I rarely use the clip to keep my knives in my pocket - I carry IWB usually.

7. chuckschilling

chuckschilling Banned BANNED

Jan 30, 2003
    No clip for me. I put pocket knives in my pocket, and a clip is a total nuisance - it always seems to hang on something when I try to pull the knife from my pocket.

8. Outdoors Fanatic

Outdoors Fanatic

Sep 6, 2007
    I remove the clip (if it's possible to) and let the folder rest at the bottom of my pocket.

9. tabeeb762

tabeeb762

May 18, 2007
    Does not matter to me. Clip or no clip it goes in the same pocket. If it has a clip I'll use it though

10. WhitleyStu

WhitleyStu Keep'em scary sharp!!! Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 8, 2006
    Depends on the size of the knife. XM-18 or SMF... needs a clip. Queen/Dan Burke mini trapper... no clip.

11. T.K.C.

T.K.C.

May 7, 2005
    Yup, I like pocket clips!!

12. Kazeryu

Kazeryu

Nov 7, 2005
    Aound town, no pocket clip. People around here are nervous about knives.

Around the house or out-of-town, pocket clip preferred.

13. qborchert

qborchert

Mar 26, 2004
    I prefer to carry my EDC with a clip. I usually carry a folder with about a 4" blade, to me too big to be sitting in the bottom of my pocket, and i don't like to EDC my folder in a belt sheath so the clip is perfect for me.

14. manbeast54

manbeast54

Aug 22, 2008
    I like pocket clips because I hate digging around in my pockets

15. Munky88

Munky88

Jun 1, 2008
    I clip my knife to my wallet. so it rides low in my pocket, but is still always tip up and easy to get at without digging around. except when sitting down.

16. rnr

rnr

Jan 6, 2004
    I've got one IWB w/ clip, one in R front pocket w/ clip, one next to wallet in R back pocket w/o clip, one in a sheath w/o clip on me right now.

It depends on how I carry it.

17. Kaizen1

Kaizen1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Pocket clip? Yes please.

18. Mitchell Knives

Mitchell Knives Knifemaker Moderator

May 21, 2000
    A pocket clip is a must for me. I always carry at least one knife with a clip because I hate fishing around for a knife buried in my pockt.

19. Roger999

Roger999

Mar 22, 2008
    Yep, I prefer pocket clips.

20. scalpelX

scalpelX

Apr 5, 2008
    yes,removable clip.