I prefer to carry an EDC...

• with a pocket clip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • without a pocket clip

• makes no difference to me

• Total voters
I've discovered an interesting tendency I've developed over the past few years of knife usage: I only tend to EDC knives with clips. I have plenty of knives to choose from when picking my EDC, but like most of us I only EDC a subset in my rotation. Every one of these has a clip. I really like the convenience of a clipped knife. So what's your preference?

- Mark

I like it to be removable so I can choose when to have a pocket clip.

Only when the knife has a lanyard. If I'm wearing a long shirt, I might clip it in my back or front pocket. If it is tip down, I don't use a pocket clip. I normally let it sit at the bottom of my pocket, whether it has a clip or not.

my favorite carry method is clipped IWB, so...besides the sheated classical folders, which could use a clip, but hurts their appeareance a little...im for the clipped folders.

I prefer to have a clip usually but not on my "gents" knives. I don't like to have a pocket clips showing on a pair of dress pants.

I want a "pocket clip" even though I rarely use the clip to keep my knives in my pocket - I carry IWB usually.

No clip for me. I put pocket knives in my pocket, and a clip is a total nuisance - it always seems to hang on something when I try to pull the knife from my pocket.

Does not matter to me. Clip or no clip it goes in the same pocket. If it has a clip I'll use it though

Depends on the size of the knife. XM-18 or SMF... needs a clip. Queen/Dan Burke mini trapper... no clip.

Aound town, no pocket clip. People around here are nervous about knives.

Around the house or out-of-town, pocket clip preferred.

I prefer to carry my EDC with a clip. I usually carry a folder with about a 4" blade, to me too big to be sitting in the bottom of my pocket, and i don't like to EDC my folder in a belt sheath so the clip is perfect for me.

I clip my knife to my wallet. so it rides low in my pocket, but is still always tip up and easy to get at without digging around. except when sitting down.

I've got one IWB w/ clip, one in R front pocket w/ clip, one next to wallet in R back pocket w/o clip, one in a sheath w/o clip on me right now.

It depends on how I carry it.

A pocket clip is a must for me. I always carry at least one knife with a clip because I hate fishing around for a knife buried in my pockt.

Back