Pocket dump on a special day

halden.doerge

I'll Sharpen Your Knife
Gold Member
SlUCL67.jpg

Went with my trusty ultralight carry for an important day at the hospital today. Some of you will know as soon as you see it, but that little button in the top right corner is a port that has lived under my skin for the last two and a half years of chemo treatments. So really, I’ve been EDCing it every day for quite a while, but this is its first picture.

It’s kind of crazy to be at the end of this long road, completely cancer free, and with a bright outlook going forward, and I couldn’t be happier about it. Fuck cancer. Never stop fighting. Time to live. Cheers to life.

Wow had no idea man! Awesome outlook considering so many let it get them down. Keep moving forward and enjoining life!!!! Congratulations on beating that shit

SlUCL67.jpg

Went with my trusty ultralight carry for an important day at the hospital today. Some of you will know as soon as you see it, but that little button in the top right corner is a port that has lived under my skin for the last two and a half years of chemo treatments. So really, I’ve been EDCing it every day for quite a while, but this is its first picture.

It’s kind of crazy to be at the end of this long road, completely cancer free, and with a bright outlook going forward, and I couldn’t be happier about it. Fuck cancer. Never stop fighting. Time to live. Cheers to life.

Big whoop, you want a cookie? I swear, everyone thinks they're special these days. So what you had cancer, I had to take a 2 minute detour today because of a fatal wreck. We all gots troubles.

(I'm just kidding of course. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm bad at social media, so I managed to miss the diagnosis if it was public knowledge, but I'm very glad to hear you're in the clear. Cheers mate. Hope it's a healthy road ahead.)

Big whoop, you want a cookie? I swear, everyone thinks they're special these days. So what you had cancer, I had to take a 2 minute detour today because of a fatal wreck. We all gots troubles.

(I'm just kidding of course. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm bad at social media, so I managed to miss the diagnosis if it was public knowledge, but I'm very glad to hear you're in the clear. Cheers mate. Hope it's a healthy road ahead.)

Lol, no I was pretty quite about it on the social media and the forum while things were going on. But now that it's over seemed like a good time to commemorate it a bit in these circles. Especially since, as weird as it may be, having this hobby---both the sharpening and the daily carry choices---was definitely a part of coping with the whole process. It was kinda a way of having a healthy element of control and intentionality in at least one realm of life when so many other things were up and the air and out of my control. Crazy, maybe, but for me, it really helped helped.

Keep those pockets full, ya'll! Being intentional is part of how you stay you when things are happening to you that you can't control.

Amen Bro!

Glad to hear you are closing that chapter. I can’t imagine the crap you had to go through...but glad you did and are still here.

Blessings to you and yours!

Congratulations and a great win on the battle field . That’s so awesome and so glad to hear that you’ve got a nice clear path a head of you .
Great fight and you should be proud :)

Back