1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pocket dump on a special day

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by halden.doerge, Jun 19, 2019.

1. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    [​IMG]

Went with my trusty ultralight carry for an important day at the hospital today. Some of you will know as soon as you see it, but that little button in the top right corner is a port that has lived under my skin for the last two and a half years of chemo treatments. So really, I’ve been EDCing it every day for quite a while, but this is its first picture.

It’s kind of crazy to be at the end of this long road, completely cancer free, and with a bright outlook going forward, and I couldn’t be happier about it. Fuck cancer. Never stop fighting. Time to live. Cheers to life.

JC972, TAH, Sergeua and 98 others like this.
  2. irons

irons

Oct 19, 2018
    Great news. A horrible desease that has taken my Grandfather and 2 Grandmothers. Enjoy every minute.

Xr6x and halden.doerge like this.
  3. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Congrats and cheers Halden!

4. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    That’s fantastic news !!!!!
    :thumbsup: For fighting and coming out on top.

5. Dallas T

Dallas T Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Wow had no idea man! Awesome outlook considering so many let it get them down. Keep moving forward and enjoining life!!!! Congratulations on beating that shit

6. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Cancer sucks. It took my father-in-law a few years back. Good on you for winning the fight!

7. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp That's right, it's genuine Velveeta... Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Big whoop, you want a cookie? I swear, everyone thinks they're special these days. So what you had cancer, I had to take a 2 minute detour today because of a fatal wreck. We all gots troubles.

(I'm just kidding of course. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm bad at social media, so I managed to miss the diagnosis if it was public knowledge, but I'm very glad to hear you're in the clear. Cheers mate. Hope it's a healthy road ahead.)

8. KCDR

KCDR Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Congrats Halden, Best wishes.

9. miso2

miso2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Congratulations for the complete remission!
    More lives and knives ahead of you!

10. mabrowns

mabrowns

Apr 18, 2012
    Congratulations.Fuck Cancer

11. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Lol, no I was pretty quite about it on the social media and the forum while things were going on. But now that it's over seemed like a good time to commemorate it a bit in these circles. Especially since, as weird as it may be, having this hobby---both the sharpening and the daily carry choices---was definitely a part of coping with the whole process. It was kinda a way of having a healthy element of control and intentionality in at least one realm of life when so many other things were up and the air and out of my control. Crazy, maybe, but for me, it really helped helped.

Keep those pockets full, ya'll! Being intentional is part of how you stay you when things are happening to you that you can't control.

Mr. Tettnanger, Xr6x, Yo Mama and 8 others like this.
  12. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    That's great news, Halden! My wife went through six months of chemo, (Five days a week, each month, for six months), over 10 years ago. She's had regular check ups every three months since then & so far- so good.

Xr6x, Cosmodragoon, HCrum87hc and 3 others like this.
  13. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie

Apr 19, 2016
    That’s awesome Halden. F cancer

14. dalefuller

dalefuller Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Good news, mate! Congratulations.

15. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    [​IMG]

Xr6x, Yo Mama, slyraven and 5 others like this.
  16. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Amen Bro!

Glad to hear you are closing that chapter. I can’t imagine the crap you had to go through...but glad you did and are still here.

Blessings to you and yours!

17. KVT

KVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Wow. Speechless. I’m glad you’re with us!

18. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Congratulations and a great win on the battle field . That’s so awesome and so glad to hear that you’ve got a nice clear path a head of you .
    Great fight and you should be proud :)

19. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Congratulations!
    Best wishes for a long and healthy life!

20. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

Congrats Halden. Certainly a special day. :thumbsup:

Xr6x, woodysone and halden.doerge like this.