Pocket dump on a special day

Congratulations! My uncle just passed away from Pancreatic cancer a few months back, and one of my best friends passed away from stage four Colon cancer years ago. Chemo really wrecked her, it was a tough experience to witness, let alone live through. I truly hope you never have to go through it again.

That is so awesome Halden!! Someone certainly just extended your life. Live it to the fullest! Ive always enjoyed your posts. Sometimes harsh, but comical. We need to have a chat soon...:)
Did you make it to bladeshow this year?

Thank you, sir! I haven't made it out to Bladeshow yet, though I did hit Bladeshow West last year, and will again this year. Much closer than Atlanta! But I think next year I'll need to make the trip to the main event as well.

Great news. I love hearing success stories!
It gives inspiration to others regardless of whatever crappy card life is dealing. Thank you for sharing!

It was kinda a way of having a healthy element of control and intentionality in at least one realm of life when so many other things were up and the air and out of my control. Crazy, maybe, but for me, it really helped helped.

Not crazy at all. In fact it’s very well phrased.
Congratulations again!

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all of you for the outpouring of congratulations and good wishes! We may be an odd bunch of eccentric hobbyists who occasionally get into overly intense arguments over steel types and lock geometry, but for my money, this is one hell of a community and I'm glad to be participating in it. Cheers to you all!

Congratulations on a hard won victory, Halden!

Last edited:
Man, I'm next level happy for you.

What a glorious day. I really hope that the feeling you had when you had that button removed resonates into many areas of life for many years to come.

From someone who has survived a chronic illness, there is nothing in this world that can gift you such immediate appreciation for well....everything.

Back