Pocket Kephart and Esquire ISP sheaths - picture comparison request

Warrior108

Platinum Member
Hi All,
Bud is super helpful and always willing to answer questions but this question might be something someone in the community could provide.

Does anyone have both a Pocket Kephart ISP and an Esquire ISP where you could provide a side by side picture? Preferably, the bottoms would be lined up for height comparison. I'd like to compare their height and width to see if the PK ISP might work better than my Esquire ISP sheath that I bought for use with my Surls Patch.

The Esquire ISP seems to be a good fit with regard to length/depth and is alright at width/girth. I'd just prefer to have a bit more of a snug fit and from Bud's latest video, it seems like the PK ISP might do the trick.

Thanks for any comments/assistance.

Last edited:
There is a side by side pic on Bud's Instagram pics of this weeks batch... PK next to Esquire sheath.

BTW the PK handle is wider and thicker than the Esquire so I doubt it's sheath would be more snug.

Thanks Sir, I'll go take a look through the pictures again. I probably just didn't realize which was the PK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yeah .. there's a side by side on my IG from 3 days ago, but the PK sheath is much shorter. I would ask for a side by side of the Esquire to a WA Surls Patch. That would give you a better reference.

I've got to see Allen's Patch .. like it .. but like the Esquire, it's a narrow profile. The PK is kinda fat for a knife it's size.

Btw, i would just share that IG pic, but I'm out of the shop right now.

I have both those sheaths and all 3 of those knives. The Pocket PK sheath won't fit Allen's Patch knife. It doesn't have enough height and rocks back and forth in the sheath. The Patch fits in the Esquire sheath but, oddly enough, is a little too long for it. While both knives are about the same length but too much handle is exposed on the Patch, for my tastes, when it's in the Esquire sheath. Right now bot my Surls Patch and GA Traveler are riding in pocket slips that I keep either in my shirt pocket or the outside pocket of my EDC pack.
Hopefully that helps. I can provide pics if they are still needed. Just let me know. :thumbup:

Also, as I stated in another thread, the Pocket PK ISP is a perfect fit for Allen's Pocket Puukko which is an awesome EDC knife.

Thanks, these responses answer my question for the Surls Patch for now. Just in case someone does a search in the future for the two sheaths in the subject, I'll attach Bud's Instagram picture here.

Pocket Kephart ISP and Esquire ISP:

So, here's a comparison shot of 4 of Bud's ISP sheaths with 6 different knives. The only thing that confused me is that I have 2 Esquire ISP sheaths that are slightly, and I mean very slightly, different sizes. I'm assuming it's due to the fact that these patterns were cut by hand. The other reason could be that I'm incorrect in stating that they're both Esquire sheaths. :D Either way we have, from left to right:
Esquire in Esquire sheath
WA Surls Patch in Esquire sheath
PK in PK sheath
WA Surls Pocket Puukko in PK sheath
Jarrett Flemming Itty-Bitty in Itty -Bitty sheath
Runt in Runt sheath

Again, hopefully this helps. :thumbup:

DSC02816-vi.jpg

W.A. Surls pocket puuko in a runt isp, small tan sheath. And in a esquire isp, larger brown sheath.
Both fit well, with one giving a little more coverage. In case anyone is interested.

The only thing that confused me is that I have 2 Esquire ISP sheaths that are slightly, and I mean very slightly, different sizes. I'm assuming it's due to the fact that these patterns were cut by hand. The other reason could be that I'm incorrect in stating that they're both Esquire sheaths.

Nah .. you have two different patterns. I changed/tweeked the pattern slightly (rounded the end, and increased the height) and when I did, the pattern worked out better all around. I tweeked a few other patterns too a while back, but it was mainly to round the end vs a square-ish end.

Nah .. you have two different patterns. I changed/tweeked the pattern slightly (rounded the end, and increased the height) and when I did, the pattern worked out better all around. I tweeked a few other patterns too a while back, but it was mainly to round the end vs a square-ish end.

Man, thank you for this explanation Bud. I thought I was losing it for a while there. :D

Back