Pocket knife wall holder

I saw some tacks that where made out of spent shells. So, I stained a board with ebony stain and fired up the hot glue gun. I filled the shells with hot glue and added a finishing nail. .380, 9mm and some .45's. I drilled 1/16 holes and pushed the nails in.
P_20160427_203739_zpswurodscl.jpg

I love this idea!
Makes me wonder if with some simple tools you could pop out the used primer and put the nail through there. Then no glue.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Primers are part of the spent shell. I did this for a fixed blade commemorative Kabar. I used wood dowels the size of my shells (did one in 9MM and one in .45) and just added a touch of wood glue inside, the shells fit pretty snug anyway. It ends up really solid then in case you have to move it, etc.

1c5a580d6cf90716702bbe6f086da5d1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Primers are part of the spent shell. I did this for a fixed blade commemorative Kabar. I used wood dowels the size of my shells (did one in 9MM and one in .45) and just added a touch of wood glue inside, the shells fit pretty snug anyway. It ends up really solid then in case you have to move it, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love this idea!
Makes me wonder if with some simple tools you could pop out the used primer and put the nail through there. Then no glue.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes you could. Us reloaders pop them out all the time to make room for the new ones. :)
Really cool idea guys.

Been a member for a while, but I don't post very much.

Last edited:
Back