Recommendation? Pocket Slip

I have 2 knives I want to get a pocket slip for the CollectorKnives Viper EZ Opwn & a Queen Tinytoothpick

I have looked at the ones on CollectorKnives which is probably my first choice and looking at the Medium Wide for the Viper and a Small for the Queen. I am just not 100% sure if these are the right sizes for the knives as well curious about other options.

The Viper is the natural micarta so of the CK slips I like the Red best but I think most any color works. My Queen has an Abalone handle so I think black leather would be a preference there for me.

I can try and take measurements of the knives when I am at home if needed.

if price matters,or if you are budget conscious then by all means make your purchase at CK. A high quality custom made slip would cost you easily 10 to 15 times or more than the low purchase prices on that site. I would guess they are imports at those prices. Good Luck!

Paul

I have one that came with my Lionsteel Roundhead and have liked it but didn't order one with the Viper but now I am looking into it. I started with there due to familiarity and experience but certain doesn't need to be from there. My first concern is fit but it doesn't need to be custom fit. I think for something that will be used frequently enough and dropped in the pocket I am less interested in a custom as it is for protection not show. If these were fixed blades or a belt carry then something nicer would definitely be more interesting to me. Thank you for your input.

Maybe look at a buckaroo pouch/folding knife pouch then. I make em but so do lots of folks. Inexpensive, provide protection to the knife and make getting it out of your pocket easier.

The thong back threads onto your belt loop and you drop it in your pocket.

mxKqZ59.jpg

Need your knife and you pull on the thong, it comes out. Use your knife leaving the pouch hanging then fold up your knife and put it back in your pouch and drop it back in your pocket. These things have been around in the cowboy world for eons. Well at least as far back as I can remember, so several epochs anyhoo. Its also a project a guy could cobble together himself with a little scrap from Hobby Lobby. They are simple.

Ya see it here from the belt loop down into the pocket:

yqqIhuQ.jpg

9R3Jr93.jpg

I should add I typically wear dress slacks not saying that it is problem with the current suggestions but just to add to the picture of what I seek.

I like pocket knife sheaths that clip on your pocket but with the sheath in your pocket, like William Henry's old style. Makes for easy access. Paul Long makes a nice one.

I should add I typically wear dress slacks not saying that it is problem with the current suggestions but just to add to the picture of what I seek.

You could alter the design a bit with a black or gray thinner string to fit those pants

I'd try and make your own. I've bought various slips over time and finally decided I'd just make my own and apart form the enigma slip for my enigmas it's the only thing I use. That way you definetly have what you want and it's high quality. Plus it's cheap :D
HlXEueV.jpg

I have 2 knives I want to get a pocket slip for the CollectorKnives Viper EZ Opwn & a Queen Tinytoothpick

I have looked at the ones on CollectorKnives which is probably my first choice and looking at the Medium Wide for the Viper and a Small for the Queen. I am just not 100% sure if these are the right sizes for the knives as well curious about other options.

The Viper is the natural micarta so of the CK slips I like the Red best but I think most any color works. My Queen has an Abalone handle so I think black leather would be a preference there for me.

I would ask Mike at CK as he should be able to size that for you or tell you it won't fit. The large is pretty long but not exceptionally wide. Having said that they will stretch some and I was able to get a granddaddy barlow in there except it still stuck out some (5" knife?). It will completely swallow a standard 2-blade trapper

I have my GEC 81 moose stored in there now which is a touch shorter than the boker trapper in the 2nd pic and then a lionsteel dom for another size reference.

YQTYzQUl.jpg

4KJmAsil.jpg

I like the CK options for their value but I really like the clip slips and have a couple of them. It's usually how I carry the boker trapper around the house if I don't have pockets (PJ's, shorts, and sweats).

Thanks so far. I know Mike suggest for the Viper a Medium Wide, I think I recall him saying medium wide, and not the Large and given how similar in size the Lionsteel is to the Viper I would think that is a Medium you have there. I found that size too large for my Queen so if that is a medium then I do think the Small may be the answer I just haven't had one in hand so it is a tough call. I also wanted to find out about other options out there even though in my experience the CK ones are nice.

The CK small slip fits my Case Tiny Toothpick, if that helps. The top of the (larger) bolster comes right up to the top of the slip.

Thanks so far still leaning toward the CK options at least for these knives and my use but have loved some of the other suggestions that might be looked at for other knives and uses in the future.

the

I just got two slips from Hitch & Timber and they’re pretty nice. I also just ordered and received an EDC2 from Bushgear Leatherworks and it’s amazing.

Last edited:
Maybe look at a buckaroo pouch/folding knife pouch then. I make em but so do lots of folks. Inexpensive, provide protection to the knife and make getting it out of your pocket easier.

The thong back threads onto your belt loop and you drop it in your pocket.

mxKqZ59.jpg

Need your knife and you pull on the thong, it comes out. Use your knife leaving the pouch hanging then fold up your knife and put it back in your pouch and drop it back in your pocket. These things have been around in the cowboy world for eons. Well at least as far back as I can remember, so several epochs anyhoo. Its also a project a guy could cobble together himself with a little scrap from Hobby Lobby. They are simple.

Ya see it here from the belt loop down into the pocket:

yqqIhuQ.jpg

9R3Jr93.jpg
I have one of these from Dave and it’s top notch.

Back