Pocket slips. What do you think?

Howdy folks.

That 25 is still in my pocket every single day. I'm loving watching the patina.

I think a pocket-worn "finish" adds to the charm of traditionals.

I was just thinking today how my 25 and FandF tool came with pocket slips, and I've literally never used them.
I get that if you're doing something rigorous like 4-wheeling etc. it might help it from falling out of your pocket, but other than that I don't understand. Seems like it takes up extra space, and takes extra time to fish-it-out of your pocket.

I cant be the only one who kinda likes the pocket-worn look.

I too enjoy the character that develops from lots of carry and pocket wear. I sometimes will use a slip however, especially if I'm doing dirty work; seems to help keep grit out of the pivot.

Not for me thanks o_O
I don't want one more step involved to use my knife.
All the scratches and little dings kinda even out after a while. And I'm not too concerned about the appearance of my knife. I did stop carrying pocket change in my R.F.P. after fishing out too many dimes and nickels from the well of the secondary blade on my knives.
Michael

I will carry any of my Stag handled knives or White Bone handled knives with brass liners or brass pins in a Pocket Slip .

Harry

I don't care for the sideways look with a loose knife at the bottom of my pocket. I use a pocket slip primarily to keep the knife upright. I use my knives so I'm not concerned with wear. Good leather wears nice too. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a few knives that have pocket slips, they are great for when the knife is in a drawer with a bunch of others, never used one to carry a knife.

I would keep an eye on any knife stored in leather, depending on what the leather was tanned with it can react to some metal like brass. I've had some slight messes to clean up on even some fixed blade/hunting knives.

Dave

I would keep an eye on any knife stored in leather, depending on what the leather was tanned with it can react to some metal like brass. I've had some slight messes to clean up on even some fixed blade/hunting knives.

Dave
Good point.

Actually, I can understand with brass...
But why with stag?
I basically do not care to damage my Stag covered knives. I treat each of them a little more special . But that is just my preference . I have between 35 to 40 Stags but only 1 of them has Steel Liners and Pins so I just want to protect them from Scratches & Verdigris from Brass .

Harry

I carry in a slip at work to help keep my knife from falling out of my pocket. In jeans I just carry in the watch pocket.

Back