Pointless knives , what are they good for ?

I am biased toward a pointy knife. But most of my big choppers have minimal points. If you think in terms of a bowie knife, for chopping it is just a weakness. SAKs mostly have spear points and they are quite useful and pointy enough to puncture most of the store packaging these days. But still not real pointy. Many drop points are not very pointy either. I suspect that's one of the reasons I'm not real partial to them even though I have quite a few.

Latin machetes... not very pointy but very useful.

I got a Mini Grip with the sheepsfoot blade and I like it alot... but it still has a small pointed tip area.

Same with the White River Sendero Pack knife I have for hunting season. Kinda rounded, but still has a usable tip.

I would do just fine if both of these knives were reprofiled to get rid of the pointed tip, but they've got 'em so what the hey.

@Horsewright that Damascus Nutter is the shit. I need one. Call it the Cheeze Cutter and Peanut Butter Nutter. I'd use the hell out of that.

It's so you can give your kid their first knife without the fear of them impaling themselves.

At least that's what that dull pointed Opinel is for......

And TBH how often do you actually need to stab something? My guess is never, unless you want to roleplay being a spec ops agent.

... A laugh
iu

OH! you meant pointless.

This is standard issue tactical mall defense though.
I'm glad someone knows what they are talking about! The SHARK or Standard Hallway Assault / Rescue Knife is no joke. It's saved and taken countless lives over the years. Probably one of the worlds most used but little known blades.

I'm glad someone knows what they are talking about! The SHARK or Standard Hallway Assault / Rescue Knife is no joke. It's saved and taken countless lives over the years. Probably one of the worlds most used but little known blades.
Only heavy operators really know.

I had a CRKT Graham Folding Razel for a while. I thought of the square end as being like a skiving knife, and thought that might be useful for an EDC knife. Well, it turns out that not having a point was actually a pretty big pain, and the one time I ever used that square end, it chipped (although that is the fault of the poor steel and/or heat treat in CRKT knives, not of the design).

Since then, I want some kind of point on my EDC knife.

Even though I've never used one for stabbing.

-Tyson

I had a CRKT Graham Folding Razel for a while. I thought of the square end as being like a skiving knife, and thought that might be useful for an EDC knife. Well, it turns out that not having a point was actually a pretty big pain, and the one time I ever used that square end, it chipped (although that is the fault of the poor steel and/or heat treat in CRKT knives, not of the design).

Since then, I want some kind of point on my EDC knife.

Even though I've never used one for stabbing.

-Tyson
Thanks ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have a couple CRKT Razels in different sizes. I find them useful for scraping. There is still a bit of a point on them, but you have to be careful using the pointy parts on delicate cutting operations. You learn quickly that there is a very sharp edge where you are not used to dealing with a sharp edge. I was excited getting one of the fixed blade razels and proceed to cut the crap out of my finger while I was driving trying to open some packaging..... that ended that.....

Back