Policy for 2019

While I don't have any problem with the policy, personally, I have to believe that if you are beginning work on the knife that means you have already paid out for the materials.

If you are waiting to get money from the customer AFTER you have purchased the materials, that still allows someone to cancel the order when you send the "I am starting on the knife - pay up" email goes out. In other words, the policy as stated does not deter people from backing out, rather it provides an opportunity to back out after you have bought the raw materials.

I would think that it would be more efficient and effective to request a percentage before you order the raw materials, non-refundable of course. In this way, you are covered for the materials outlay, and if the person that ordered the knife then fudges-out, they have paid at least for the materials and you can sell the knife for a discount and still make your expected retail amount.

Just a thought to consider the purpose of the policy vs what the proposed solution will actually provide in terms of protecting your business.

best

mqqn
I usually email a week before I start, but if it’s not a material size I normally use for other models a deposit is a good idea when ordering materials. I do see a few examples on my schedule.

Woot! I am green on the 2019 order list and was notified by the man himself that the knives are in process - payment in full sent and now I just wait for that beautiful package in my mailbox after the holidays......

best

mqqn

John, if you recall, there have been several of us that have been telling you this for a lot of years now, that you needed to do this! You are with in your rights to do all of this, to watch out for yourself and your best interest! I feel like anyone with any salt would understand that! The ones that don't deserve to lose their money! It's like I've been saying for a long time now, if your mom and dad never taught any manners, then some one needs too!

Back