Votes: 0 0.0%

• I have never done a pre-order with you but I want to

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • I have never done a pre-order with you and I don't want to

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I think that I have participated in every preorder. I have absolute trust in CPK and absolute confidence in CPK knives. The prepayment, and any wait period, are of no concern to me. I certainly can’t say that about many other knife makers and businesses. And unlike TommyGun56, CPK has never disappointed me. (Sorry had to take the shot ) Mike

PS. I would, however like to do what ever possible to make Jo’s life easier.

I was wondering why my previous statement was strange:eek: Should have read CPK has never Disappointed me-Thanks Mike for pointing that out:thumbsup:;)

I think that I have participated in every preorder. I have absolute trust in CPK and absolute confidence in CPK knives. The prepayment, and any wait period, are of no concern to me. I certainly can’t say that about many other knife makers and businesses. And unlike TommyGun56, CPK has never disappointed me. (Sorry had to take the shot ) Mike

PS. I would, however like to do what ever possible to make Jo’s life easier.

Tom-Tom has his own unique way of speaking. He's very special :D

If it was anyone else but Nathan and CPK, I’m not entirely sure I would have 100% trust. But you guys, I trust. And it would make getting a DEK easier. I run around with my head cut off at work everyday trying to fix everyone’s AC, so I definitely do not ever have time to check in on the Friday noon sales.

I'm all for the pre-order and Friday sales combination. I really don't have much to add, other than I'm in agreement with just about 100% of the comments above. For me its really nice to do a pre-order and get exactly what I want with no worry about trying to find it on the secondary market.

Ed

I have been in on several preorders and you've always been up front about projected delivery times, as well as unforeseen delays, and transparency and I've always been satisfied.

As I've mentioned before, some of us can't easily participate in the Friday sales, so pre-orders are the only realistic way to get some of the CPKs (or deal with the secondary market).

I DID find that the sales of 40 pieces at a time when the FK2 was introduced, actually worked fairly well, even for such an in-demand item. The first 2 sales about broke the BF server, but after that, most folks who wanted one had a decent chance at getting one.

The DEK1 sales having been limited to 10 at a time OTOH...

I have participated in several preorders and have been totally satisfied with the service/communication and the wait time! I am also in on the K18 and was aware that there was a possibility of hiccups in production especially on such a blade of this size and complexity and know that CPK will deliver and glad I am in on it!

Nathan, Jo and the CPK crew have always been totally stand up! So please continue the preorders as I am in desperate need of a DEK1 and too slow on the draw for the Friday offerings and would rather count on a sure thing! Just Sayin!:thumbsup:

I've done multiple knives on multiple different pre-orders. I like it. It saves the Friday Sale HEARTPOUNDING REFRESH FREAK OUT. I never have any luck with work and my connection speed on the Friday sales. The pre-order also allowed for some custom touches on the knives I received that I probably wouldn't have been able to get on a regular sale. Please do a pre-order for the DEK1.

How about making it so the only way to participate in a pre-order is to order something unique, as in custom scales, finish, etc. For example, acid wash, vintage linen scales, swedge, etc. Otherwise, one must wait for the regular drop of that run, which CPK seems to do. This would also eliminate the scenario of "vanilla" versions of the knife going out before pre-orders are complete when the pre-order is for that same vanilla build. The vanilla builds would just be the standard stonewashed finish and an option of two or three scales.

I would love to see a preorder for the DEK1. I’ve had no luck scoring one through the regular Friday sales, though I have gotten an HDFK, FK2 and a UF via that route (to be honest the only way the UF happened was the overwhelming demand for the DEK1... I think my post was somewhere in the mid 40’s placement so the UF was a complete surprise on that sale). I would happily sign up for a DEK preorder, and custom options are just icing on the cake! I have exactly zero issues trusting the CPK team—they have been completely fair, transparent, honest and responsive in all my transactions with them....and I am perfectly happy to wait on a preorder knowing there would be finally a DEK one coming my way. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I like, and really appreciate your pre-order offerings Nathan. As you said it allows those of us that can't be here for a weekly sale, a chance to get some much needed CPK goodness!

The K-18 is a unique project. AFAIK you've never built anything this large, in this quantity, with this complex a grind, and Delta 3v HT. Delays happen with projects that are at the edge of the envelope. I've got one on order, and I'm fine with your progress and updates on this pre-order. Your transparency on the build status is the key to doing this right, and that's EXACTLY what we get from you. No BS, no excuse, honest info. Period.

As long as CPK is okay with opening 'er up, I don't think it's unreasonable to have another pre-order open up for stuff that's totally in CPK's core products, and the DEK1 is totally, BOOM, right there.

I've got a few other things in the fire, but if I can, I'll be in for a DEK1! :D :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nathan, you're beating yourself up a bit too much on the K18s delay. It has barely been over one a year from the close of the preorders. I went a looked, re-read some of the posts which were made in the last page before you closed it down. If it really bothers you that much, offer a short window to those who wanna get out of it; I bet there will not even be a few folks wishing to bail out on the K18. I dunno, offer them a $50 CPK voucher, a Tee and a hat too if it has started to weigh down on you this much that have to take a poll.

I had always thought that being a collaborative project on such a large and unique piece, the 12 months window was a bit on the optimistic side even without the 2020 COVID-19 sh*tshow! If anyone bails, I am calling dibs on one of their K18. Jo knows how to reach me :)

I like the option. I was fortunate enough to land a DEK in the second offering but would have been more than willing to pay up front and wait to have my order filled. Patience isn't my strong suit, but I can wait when I can trust that I will get the product.

What do I vote if 1) I've never jumped in on a pre order; 2) will not in the future; and 3) absolutely want to see you offer them regularly.

As far as I am concerned, the pre order takes pressure off Friday sales. With no pre order, the Friday sales remain a limited opportunity for folks to get in on a knife. With pre orders, some of the sharks are content to wait for their knife. I don't have the patience for them because I am just fickle. I just suck at waiting! But I am glad they are available for guys who are very patient for their specific build.

And if you open up one for the DEK1, it will be huge.

If not, at least please consider an open-all-weekend sale. Or some 30-40 piece sales.

Back