Votes: 0 0.0%

• I have never done a pre-order with you but I want to

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • I have never done a pre-order with you and I don't want to

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I can’t wait to see the salvaged trailer park press board! I’m at the beach and I brought my DEK. The HDFK has been my favorite CPK for 3 years running now, but this DEK is rapidly approaching that status!

The old adage applies:

fd1fe3383ed3f0c6f59fa019810e3e3d.jpg

... sumptin like this ^

Late to the party here. Generally, I'm not a fan of pre-orders where you pays your monies up front and wait. It's a recipe for disaster. There are VERY few makers that I would trust doing this, but Nathan is one on that distinguished list. :cool: :thumbsup:

I have done several pre-orders with CPK, and they went exactly as planned each and every time. The K18 delay is a fluke, and I'm sure Nathan will still deliver.

I, too, am late to this party - I meant to comment in this thread a lot earlier but I've been very busy.

I like buying my knives stress-free. This leads to me missing out on a fair number of knives because I am either not available, am too slow, or simply don't have the patience to deal with the whole FOMO thing. I have become quite ok with the fact that I will miss out on occasion but I also have developed the patience and wherewithal to acquire knives that I really want through the good connections and friendships I have built here as well as being observant of the listings.

Though I prefer pre-order/early reserves where no money is required up front, there has been nothing that has given me cause for concern with regards to CPK. Their reputation speaks for itself - amongst the highest here at BF. The simple fact that Nathan has engaged his customer base in this manner speaks volumes to his integrity and that is something that I admire greatly.

My collection of CPKs is modest (very modest) but the ones I have are some of my most prized when it comes to the tools I want with me out in the woods and mountains. There have been other models that have piqued my interest but the HDFK and FK2 certainly rank supreme. I'd like an EDC at some point but I am patient - when the right one comes along, something might happen.

The DEK1 is pretty appealing to me and this is the first time I will have gotten in on a CPK pre-order. I did so with the greatest of confidence. Nathan, Jo, and crew will deliver an exceptional knife as always - my money is safe with them. Even with the hiccups with the K18, the simple fact that Nathan has been communicative and open about the process should serve to show how that sets him apart from many in the industry.

A long post with a short point - buy CPK with great confidence, whether by pre-order, Friday sale, or otherwise.

I like buying my knives stress-free.

I think any sane person would agree. However it is that one chooses to acquire their gear, I think most people would prefer a stress-free option. That's what I prefer. This is one of my long-term goals, to be able to manufacture a quality product that is worth what people pay for it that they can acquire on their own terms without drama. The current business model was not by design but evolved out of reality at hand, but eventually I hope to be able to keep popular patterns on the shelf that people can simply purchase when they want them. This has been my goal for years. So far, I have sucked pretty bad at achieving this goal. But that goal is always there.

I love the pre-order system! I am not worried a bit about paying up front with Carothers. I just wish that I had found yall sooner. That way I could have budgeted for the pre-order and been able to get the mystery wood and extra finish. But I am sure that the red & black linen micarta scales will look simply gorgeous! Thanks!

The weird thing that I love about the preorders is that they do take long enough that all the crying over the money spent is done long before the knives arrive, and then it's like Christmas!
This is exactly right, I was just thinking that today.
When they finally arrive, there will be no recent expense..."they are free samples from the company, I swear it!".

I think any sane person would agree. However it is that one chooses to acquire their gear, I think most people would prefer a stress-free option. That's what I prefer. This is one of my long-term goals, to be able to manufacture a quality product that is worth what people pay for it that they can acquire on their own terms without drama. The current business model was not by design but evolved out of reality at hand, but eventually I hope to be able to keep popular patterns on the shelf that people can simply purchase when they want them. This has been my goal for years. So far, I have sucked pretty bad at achieving this goal. But that goal is always there.
It is good to have a goal that seems difficult to achieve, but when you do (and you will), you will have a true sense of accomplishment.
Increasing demand and sales is the price you pay for excellent designs, impeccable quality, and outstanding customer service – CPK is #1 in my opinion! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you for the DEK1 pre-order! I never seemed to be quick enough in the Friday sales to get one.

I forgot to add: where else can you get damp, moldy, press-board wood knife handles? ;):D

Last edited:
I wouldn’t change a thing :) you never have to worry about being over stocked :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back