Poll: How many people are in for 20" CPK Notta-Katana

Would you buy 22" CPK Notta-Katana?

• I'm in!

• I'll pass..

Results are only viewable after voting.

h7per

Gold Member
Purpose of this thread is to show how many people are interesed(will buy) 22" CPK Notta-Katana.
So Ive opened poll to show your interest in this project.

A while go (Mar 10, 2021) Nathan said next:
"We're ordering steel for the upcoming Utility Fighter 2, which needs to start production this summer for us to remain on schedule with the customer. I order full billets of 3V so I usually split the order between two patterns. I'm trying to decide what the other pattern should be. Right now I'm thinking about the 22" Notta-Katana. Jo thinks we should push that back a while since we just did a sword. What do you guys think? Too soon?"

Here is my answer to Nathans quote:
Too soon? hell no, after observing subforum there is huge request for single edged katana like object.
No matter if I will score K18 or no, count me in for at least 1x 22" Notta-Katana!

K18 is amazing blade, but still it's made for specific use, to win KoD show. Thats why it has special geometry, double edge and etc.
And single edged Katana like object made by CPK will steal everyones heart I belive, with Katana blade aesthetics, CPK geometry, erogonomics and of course special D3V steel it will be awesome sword.

Also In my opinion single edged sword will be way more practical in outdoor use, than double edged sword. For example If needed you can baton it without problems because of there will be only onde edge.
Also there are folks who can't buy CPK K18 because of some dumb government regulations about double edged blades, and CPK Notta-Katana will be great blade for them to buy without worrying.

As for design, Nathan and crew know much more than I do but honestly when Ive seen post about 22" Notta-Katana first thought came in my mind was Dan Keffeler and his Supper Assassin. As his SA is same katana shaped sword with same dimensions as Notta-Katana, for example one SA had 21" blade and 9" handle, yeah sizes change upon request in case of Dan Keffeler but Nathan will decide about handle size (blade is already said to be 22") and make all same models.

So purpose of this thread is to get Nathans and crews attention for this project, to demonstrate how many folks are all-in for this project, bacause its number game and K18 was made after seeing the amount of interested people in it.

Minimum number wanted to make K18 pre-order was 50, Nathan was hoping for 80, So I hope we will get that minimum 50 for 22" CPK Notta-Katana and Nathan will make them soon (as he stated in his post above, "I order full billets of 3V so I usually split the order between two patterns. I'm trying to decide what the other pattern should be. Right now I'm thinking about the 22" Notta-Katana.")

So probably there is steel for Notta-Katana in CPK workshop already, now our activity is needed to make this project happen!

Last edited:
I clicked "pass", just have no need for anything like a 22" knife. But that should in NO WAY dissuade CPK from making this. There are what, 6 billion people on this planet? Doing this project should not be based on No votes. No votes never got anything done.

I would be in for KLO (katana like object)lol but to be honest, it seems like everyone is producing KLO’s. I wouldn’t mind seeing a modern take on something like a Falchion. Another thing i think would be awesome, would be some sort of spear or shaft mountable blade. 😁 still a KLO would be cool too.

I said pass - 22, blade is way too big to do anything with, except sit in a closet. Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist if you want to make something people will use make Notta Waki. 15-18.5 in blade. Can be taken backpacking, truck sword and used as a chopper. Katanas are for dudes that vitamin D deficient LARP’ers

Second it’s price - that K18 was like 900$ or something. At that price I’m out. Maybe 600$Ish for a waki. I just bought the busse ak47 for about 400$ , and the TNT15 for 280$ ( minus sheaths of course :(. )

now will you sell Katana , yes. Will you sell a truck load of Waki’s and need to do a pre order Yes.

These responses are deeply disappointing.

I would be in as long as it was no more than the increased base price for the K18. I would hope we'd see some notable savings on the Notakatana because of the lack of the second edge. I might scrape up $1,600 if it hits that, but I'd certainly be more comfortable at $1,300.

I would also be in for a notawakazashi. A notatanto would be more iffy depending on the length.

These responses are deeply disappointing.

I would be in as long as it was no more than the increased base price for the K18. I would hope we'd see some notable savings on the Notakatana because of the lack of the second edge. I might scrape up $1,600 if it hits that, but I'd certainly be more comfortable at $1,300.

I would also be in for a notawakazashi. A notatanto would be more iffy depending on the length.
Why disappointing? So far a significant majority of voters are in. They're never going to sell hundred and hundreds of these, but I doubt they could handle that anyway. If 11 people say they're in on this poll, I'll bet in the end 10 times that number would actually opt in to a preorder.

A pass for me for the time being. I always wanted ONE sword and I know that Nathan will deliver on my awesome K18. That is and will be my ONE sword. I am far more looking forward to an Integral Shiv if it ever happens and the Folder. I will most likely skip on anything else which may seem repetitive to me (it's just a subjective opinion) but that said, I am definitely interested in the upcoming basic models as my working knives and as gifts. ETA: plus the CPK-Khuk/Kukri if it ever happens.

Last edited:
I would certainly be interested in one "Down the Road" but tend to agree with NinJO (Jo thinks we should push that back a while since we just did a sword.)

Personally I would stick to the tentative scheduled Outlined in Nathan's what's in the Works Thread"

To Be honest there doesn't seem to be a lot of upcoming releases that interest me, But I also understand A lot of people are excited for the Dek 2, Folder, Kukri etc.

I also think the Demand for a re-release of the HDFK would be popular (again I don't need one) but think the demand for these is very high judging from the prices being paid on the secondary market

I always wanted a 22 inch Katana, (and still do-at some point) But the K-18 Sword is all I need at the moment-

I said pass - 22, blade is way too big to do anything with, except sit in a closet. Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist if you want to make something people will use make Notta Waki. 15-18.5 in blade. Can be taken backpacking, truck sword and used as a chopper. Katanas are for dudes that vitamin D deficient LARP’ers

Second it’s price - that K18 was like 900$ or something. At that price I’m out. Maybe 600$Ish for a waki. I just bought the busse ak47 for about 400$ , and the TNT15 for 280$ ( minus sheaths of course :(. )

now will you sell Katana , yes. Will you sell a truck load of Waki’s and need to do a pre order Yes.
I've got a Busse AK47 so I would not be interested in something the same size. But I also think a 22" CPK sword would be too expensive, especially since I've never really found a use for the AK47 and doubt I would with this notta katana

Back