Poll: How many people are in for 20" CPK Notta-Katana

Would you buy 22" CPK Notta-Katana?

• I'm in!

• I'll pass..

Results are only viewable after voting.
I need a little time to recover funds (@#$% T-mobile buying Sprint is forcing me to replace BOTH our phones this year! Assholes!)
But if this is late this year or 2022, I'm in for a CPKatana of any shape and size! :)

Why disappointing? So far a significant majority of voters are in. They're never going to sell hundred and hundreds of these, but I doubt they could handle that anyway. If 11 people say they're in on this poll, I'll bet in the end 10 times that number would actually opt in to a preorder.
Oh, the results of the poll are fine, just the comments before mine that were fairly down on the idea or on the price or were wanting something smaller than 22" was what I was disappointed in. I totally want a 22" CPK Notakatana, and I'm willing to pay for it.

After posting this thread Ive been watching it and reading all the posts but havent answered them, tho wanted to but kinda decided to hold back as it would be look weird from my side replying most of the posts separately. As the main reason of making this thread and poll was to show our activity and interest to Nathan and hope that it will catch his eye and project will go on.

But still want to write my comment after reading all the posts here.
Size
First of all regarding size, 22" isn't too big to be handled/used in woods as chopper/machete. If we will talk historicaly, Katanas where from 23.5" to 31.5“ so our Notta-Katana doesnt fell in that category (yeah I know its just 1.5" smaller but still if we speak by numbers its like that).

It is more something like Ko-Katana (ko stand for small, and Ko-Katanas are sowrds with blade of wakizashi and handle of katana(10" handle approx. and waki's where with small handles for one-hand use)). In our case I think we have "Katana" in the name because of shape of the blade what it will look like but it wont be historically accurate thats why Ive wrote "single edged katana like object" in first post.

When I thinking about CPK Notta-Katana geometry, I think something of 22" blade, with 9-10" handle and around 2" wide (not less) and .188" thick at ricasso (as it will be from same steel as new UF2). Something with looks of Dan Keffeler's Super Assassin but of course built simplier. TeroTuf handles and Kyndex sheath. And maybe we will have handguard like object also? aka tsuba. That should be simple to make because of staight handle of katana, roundish steel will easily mount on straight handle and then TeroTuf scales will be installed so they will secure it tightly. It will give some more badass looks to blade, but its my opinion only..

Use
Secondly about use of 22" Notta-Katrana there is only 4" difference between it and K18. and When talking about that sized blades extra 4" wont make blade unusable. Evenmore I think it will be more practical and safe for use in woods while "camping" because of single edge. also it can replace every blade up from 10" and even hatchets/small axes/billhooks. Single edge give advantage not only in safety vs double-edge but also you can baton it if needed.

So for me Notta-Katana will be the blade to pair with FK2/HDFK. I think one can do everything with full sized axe, FK2/HDFK/Kephart and Notta-Katana. It can be used from cutting trail, bushes to slicing off tree limbs and chopping some trees, to using as piza cutter lol.. Anyways I think it can be very versatile and very good cutter because of that .188" thickness (tho honestly I think that thicker blade has more potential in this dimensions something from .216" to .275").

Price
And lastly about price. Ive seen some people saying insanely cheap prices. but to be fair I think its price range should be from $1500 to $2000 (honestly I even would pay $2500 for it if Nathan will decide to price so).
Now why Ive said that price range. K18 pre-order was for $1200 and lately Nathan said that spare ones will be sold for $1500 (because of reasons) and I think its fair price. and Notta-Katana will have longer blade so its extra $$ and also hoping to see handguard on it and thats extra $$ for it also (like pommel on K18).

Also I guess many here dont know what other makers ask for swords in 3V (or same class steel) in same size. Roughlty $3500 or more (depents on dressing). For example Dan Keffeler or Ben Tendick. And Miller Bros ask $2200 for 16" swords in Z-Wear (imagine their price for 22" blade).
Well yeah Dan Keffeler and Ben Tendick make swords by hand without CNC machining and etc + their dressings are fancier so thats why minimal price is $3500.

Im not the one who makes decisions here especially about pricing but I honestly think that $2000 (well from $1500 to $2000) should be fair price for it. and I will be more than happy to pay for it (even right now take my moneyyy 😂).

And finally thank you guys for input, thank you for votes and thank you for comments. I really hope that this project will see day light soon. 32 positive votes for at least one Notta-Katana is awesome.

Actually it was 30 when I started typing this comment but damn sorry for long ass post 😂😂

Stay safe & stay sharp guys!
Have a nice day ❤

as much as I love swords, it's hard to imagine there's much in the way of profit in it
Thats fair. I love swords as well and unfortunately, its a niche market. Unless you are a martial arts practitioner or renaissance fair goer, there is little practicality in owning one. Still, as long as you’re not making them all the time, it can be a fun way to bring people in. I dont need a k18, but it brought CPKs to my attention. Still looking for one though lol…

Nope, they're doing away with the entire 3G network and are only keeping the 4G/5G networks, forcing everyone with a phone over about 2 yrs old to buy a new one.
They are giving out crap-tacular phones that will work for free, but that doesn't work for us.
Ah.

Potentially older than 2 years though. I'm still using my Samsung S8 from 2017 and it has 4G (although 4G networks had only just started being rolled out in limited areas in the US at the time).

Back