Poll: How much would you be willing to pay...?

How much would you be willing to pay for a CPK obstacle course style cutting competition blade?

• Total voters
I am considering opening a pre-order for this project.

This pre-order would not take pre-payment. Not yet anyway.

The three of us are working on a knife that we feel would be optimal to compete on KOD. The design Dan has come up with is very cool. Lorien and I are going to do our thing, then prototypes and more development with Dan etc. Developing a new pattern is a time consuming process, particularly on such a large piece. It's a very expensive niche item. Long double edge, definitely more than a grand. I may want to make sure there are solid commitments for these before sinking resources into developing this project. There is a bit of a chicken/egg situation here because ramping up a project like this and then selling only 50 blades wouldn't even justify the tooling, much less the engineering process. This will be a one-time run, pre-order only. If we can't get a commitment for 100 knives before going very far into this project I don't want to waste these guy's time.

We're going to do a little bit more work, I'll put together a proposal, and we'll put it out there. We won't be taking money in advance (not until it's time to order materials) but we'll need to see a commitment for 100 of these before sinking the time and money in developing it for production. Production to begin by end of next year.

It's a very expensive niche item. Long double edge, definitely more than a grand.

Please take my vote and earlier posting with a grain of salt...while I have been fortunate enough to keep my hobby purchases under that $1000 mark (thus far) - there may be exceptions to my "rule". I may have to sell other knives or gear to offset the cost and justify getting on that list.

I am considering opening a pre-order for this project.

This pre-order would not take pre-payment. Not yet anyway.

The three of us are working on a knife that we feel would be optimal to compete on KOD. The design Dan has come up with is very cool. Lorien and I are going to do our thing, then prototypes and more development with Dan etc. Developing a new pattern is a time consuming process, particularly on such a large piece. It's a very expensive niche item. Long double edge, definitely more than a grand. I may want to make sure there are solid commitments for these before sinking resources into developing this project. There is a bit of a chicken/egg situation here because ramping up a project like this and then selling only 50 blades wouldn't even justify the tooling, much less the engineering process. This will be a one-time run, pre-order only. If we can't get a commitment for 100 knives before going very far into this project I don't want to waste these guy's time.

We're going to do a little bit more work, I'll put together a proposal, and we'll put it out there. We won't be taking money in advance (not until it's time to order materials) but we'll need to see a commitment for 100 of these before sinking the time and money in developing it for production. Production to begin by end of next year.
Conditional only on liking the final design and that the final price is manageable, which I expect it should be, you can count me in Nathan.

3826112.jpg

Did not think this concept of a (KOD) would become a reality or chance of ever gaining Legs! So I contacted Doc (Dr.Dan Keffeler) to inquire about a Super Assassin (It has been a long lasting Dream of mine to own one of these) Instead I ended up ordering a Dan Keffeler Silverback:thumbsup: Not sure how this happened-Yea I do
(Love talking to Dan, I always learn A LOT (Yup, another Chopper (I dig the big Blades-11 1/2 inches long, 2.3 inches with, .220 thickness, with a Swedge-Somewhat Smaller Sasquatch ) So I am Broke:( Sorry and Good luck:eek:

(just f...ing with you Nathan;) IMHO this blade "THE KOD Concept" will be an Heirloom people will treasure! Yes I believe it is going to be that Damn Good! I am in for AT LEAST 1, and if Payment is not required until the project becomes a reality in late 2019 or later quite possibly 2

Bring on the NINJO Assassin (or something similar;)) Hope to hell you can get a commitment for 100, I have changed my vote back to $1,000 plus! I suddenly realize I don't need another UF (have 1) and can wait on the FK2 (have a couple original FK's)

Thanks to Nathan, DOC Keffeler, and Lorien for trying (attempting) to make this happen:thumbsup:
EDIT: For those thinking I am Bullshitting, just watch how many upcoming CPK's I order:eek:
(UF not Included) in this iron clad guaranteeo_O
GAME Of THRONES ON:cool::p:thumbsup:

Last edited:
just so ya'll kinda have an idea of where things are going at this moment, the KorD SworD is looking a little like a super assassin mated with an axe. Around 30" overall, 2/3 blade 1/3 handle

my design looks more like a leper's genitalia, so...

just so ya'll kinda have an idea of where things are going at this moment, the KorD SworD is looking a little like a super assassin mated with an axe. Around 30" overall, 2/3 blade 1/3 handle

I will have to see a photo or a sketch w/dimensions-specs to know really what you mean how it looks.
Getting excited tho!

Super Assassin is what I've been picturing since the discussion started. Double edge makes sense. Even if the back edge is only sharpened half way or so.

Mated with an axe? Not sure what to picture with that.

Back