Poll: How often do you carry a CGG / UG?

About how often do you carry a CGG / UG?

• nearly every day

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • a couple times a week

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • once a week

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • once a month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • every other month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a couple times a year

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • only rare special occasions

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • never

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
In the last month or so I've decided to start carrying my first CGG, and I'm wondering how regular of a thing that is in the community. Certainly some people do carry theirs, and certainly some people keep their's pristine, but I'm curious as to what general proportion of one ownership style to the other.

I'll start! I've been carrying mine about once a week pretty reliably, sometimes twice.

Pictures are absolutely welcome! See, I'm even getting just a little bit of a wear spot on the thumbstud lol

20200717_063747~2_resize_68.jpg

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate your responses!

Your post reminded me that I bought my large Elk Mountain 21 to carry. So I am gonna do just that for the next couple of days.

I'm never going to sell this thing, so I should enjoy it more than I do. It's such a great knife, and my only large 21.

To really answer your question, I've been hiding this thing with the rest of my CRKs, and carrying it hardly at all. I usually like to keep a close eye on it, and my work makes it all too easy to lose a knife.
Thanks for the reminder, tho, I had almost forgotten how much I like this knife. :thumbsup:

I carried my Small 21 Lisa's Pick pretty often until I discovered the Insingo blade. I carried it in a sharkskin clip pouch on the inside of the pocket to protect the graphic from excessive key damage, although I misplaced the clip pouch and for last four months I've been looking for it and cannot find it. If I can ever find either a Pheasant Tail or Catch, I would definitely carry that. I'd probably have a custom pocket clip sheath made for that as well.

I carry mine clipped to the pants, a Retro. Only trouble is the anodizing wears away and you cannot get it redone. However, it's too good of a knife not to use :)

I have a small 21 insingo that i EDC when wearing shorts.... I also recently acquired a BNIB crop circles that I plan on EDC'ing when wearing pants. my thoughts are this: I bought these to use, and if others see the knife, and they are at all interested, they usually ask "what kind of knife is that". It's a conversation starter and a lot of times what I run in to is finding a whole lot of people that have heard of Sebenza's, but never held one.

Also, I've gone back and forth as to not using this BNIB (DOB 2013), but honestly my house isn't a museum and i want others to enjoy it as much as i do. I didn't buy it to ever try and profit, i bought it because of it's beauty, which should be shared :)

Back