Poll: How often do you carry a CGG / UG?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Eversion, Jul 17, 2020.

About how often do you carry a CGG / UG?

1. nearly every day

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. a couple times a week

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. once a week

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. once a month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. every other month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. a couple times a year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. only rare special occasions

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. never

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Eversion

Eversion Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    In the last month or so I've decided to start carrying my first CGG, and I'm wondering how regular of a thing that is in the community. Certainly some people do carry theirs, and certainly some people keep their's pristine, but I'm curious as to what general proportion of one ownership style to the other.

I'll start! I've been carrying mine about once a week pretty reliably, sometimes twice.

Pictures are absolutely welcome! See, I'm even getting just a little bit of a wear spot on the thumbstud lol

20200717_063747~2_resize_68.jpg

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate your responses!

willard0341, guy g, loon#r and 2 others like this.
  2. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Your post reminded me that I bought my large Elk Mountain 21 to carry. So I am gonna do just that for the next couple of days.

I'm never going to sell this thing, so I should enjoy it more than I do. It's such a great knife, and my only large 21.

To really answer your question, I've been hiding this thing with the rest of my CRKs, and carrying it hardly at all. I usually like to keep a close eye on it, and my work makes it all too easy to lose a knife.
    Thanks for the reminder, tho, I had almost forgotten how much I like this knife. :thumbsup:

guy g, russ25 and Eversion like this.
  3. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    This was my EDC for 4 years.

Grapevine_Balcony-10.jpg

Dcdavis, rick melear, guy g and 3 others like this.
  4. russ25

russ25 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2012
    I carry a large Nica Model almost everyday. And it shows. :) But I also have a couple I don't carry just yet, maybe someday.

nicawear.jpg

Dcdavis, Ajack60, rick melear and 4 others like this.
  5. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    That’s what 99% of my CRK carry is. I think I only have 3 plain sebenzas. The rest are CGG/UG/Inlays. And the UG get about 98% of that.

guy g, russ25, Lone_Wolfe and 2 others like this.
  6. blanex1

blanex1

Feb 11, 2015
    as I don't own any CGG/UG's! but I carry my L- Micarta sebenza 21 every day to be frank.:thumbsup:

guy g, russ25 and Eversion like this.
  7. guy g

guy g Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 22, 2000
    I bought my 21 Blue Hex to be The EDC, I carry others with it, but this is my main one. B2ED95F6-3204-439D-B5F0-BCD3B109E42A.jpeg

loon#r, russ25, Kiteman72 and 5 others like this.
  8. Blackdogfinn1

Blackdogfinn1

Jun 11, 2013
    Guy G- great pic. Been looking at that. How has the blue held up?

Eversion likes this.
  9. guy g

guy g Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 22, 2000
    I've had it a couple months. The Hex has held up well. Thanks for the compliment.

Eversion and Blackdogfinn1 like this.
  10. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I have two- an “In God We Trust” and a UG that matches my wedding day. Both get limited pocket time yet are high on my favorites list!

Eversion, russ25, guy g and 2 others like this.
  11. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Im away from the house a month at a time, so no switching out. I like them all but carrying the patriotic models as of late PhotoPictureResizer_20200717_231036_copy_3024x2268.jpg

loon#r, Eversion, guy g and 2 others like this.
  12. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    EC4B6628-1E9A-4948-B87B-EEE41B90A9A8.jpeg

loon#r, willard0341, Eversion and 5 others like this.
  13. pnsxyr

pnsxyr Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2013
    I carried my Small 21 Lisa's Pick pretty often until I discovered the Insingo blade. I carried it in a sharkskin clip pouch on the inside of the pocket to protect the graphic from excessive key damage, although I misplaced the clip pouch and for last four months I've been looking for it and cannot find it. If I can ever find either a Pheasant Tail or Catch, I would definitely carry that. I'd probably have a custom pocket clip sheath made for that as well.

Eversion and guy g like this.
  14. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    EA8C3AD0-095C-43F7-9C4E-A44CB470EBBC.jpeg

loon#r, Eversion, willard0341 and 2 others like this.
  15. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    I carry mine clipped to the pants, a Retro. Only trouble is the anodizing wears away and you cannot get it redone. However, it's too good of a knife not to use :)

16. Josh K

Josh K Pirate

Sep 29, 2008
    I don't carry any CGGs/UGs though I know people who do. I prefer micarta inlays myself. This one was carried by someone else and as you can see the anodizing holds up very well even if there are some faint scratches.

_DSC7469.jpg
    _DSC7679.jpg

loon#r, Lone_Wolfe, Eversion and 2 others like this.
  17. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    Surface anodizing wears off, just like on the thumb stud. That anodization look like it's in groove beneath the handle flats so it will take longer to wear off.

18. Matt636

Matt636

Jul 4, 2016
    I have a small 21 insingo that i EDC when wearing shorts.... I also recently acquired a BNIB crop circles that I plan on EDC'ing when wearing pants. my thoughts are this: I bought these to use, and if others see the knife, and they are at all interested, they usually ask "what kind of knife is that". It's a conversation starter and a lot of times what I run in to is finding a whole lot of people that have heard of Sebenza's, but never held one.

Also, I've gone back and forth as to not using this BNIB (DOB 2013), but honestly my house isn't a museum and i want others to enjoy it as much as i do. I didn't buy it to ever try and profit, i bought it because of it's beauty, which should be shared :)

19. biggerjon

biggerjon Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2006
    The only UG I owned was a Regular Web-Sight. I carried it. Boy do I miss that knife.

guy g and Eversion like this.
  20. Eversion

Eversion Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Thanks so much for the votes and participation, guys! It's surely informative

guy g likes this.