[POLL] What add-ons did you order with your DEK? Select Select all that apply.

What add-ons did you order with your DEK? Select all that apply.

• Penetrator tip

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Swedge

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Acid wash

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Satin grind

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • AEBL

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Blue fasteners

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters
The add-on that I'm most excited about is the mystery wood.

Yeah, but if we don't know what the mystery wood looks like then we don't know if it would look better with the fasteners blued or not. Or even if the acid wash would look better. We might wind up with a knife that looks mismatched if we guess wrong...

Last edited:
Yeah, but if we don't know what the mystery wood looks like then we don't know if it would look better with the fasteners blued or not. Or even if the acid wash would look better. We might wind up with a knife that looks terrible if we guess wrong...
An extra set of plain fasteners is cheap.
I haven’t seen a single set of wood handles come out of the CPK shop that I wasn’t envious of.
Acid wash looks phenomenal but I plan on using my knife so...
I’d love a swedge - but also love my wife so keeping the cost down is an imperative.

plain Jane for me

Yeah, but if we don't know what the mystery wood looks like then we don't know if it would look better with the fasteners blued or not. Or even if the acid wash would look better. We might wind up with a knife that looks terrible if we guess wrong...
You are pretty new here and I can tell you are excited and that’s great, but Ima only gonna say this one time.

Nathan don’t make no fuggin’ terrible lookin’ knifes.

Even more important, Mama Jo don’t let no fuggin’ terrible lookin’ knifes leave the compound even if Nathan is drunk enough to make one.

What Ima sayin’ is, you gots nuthin’ to wurry ‘bout mang.

You are pretty new here and I can tell you are excited and that’s great, but Ima only gonna say this one time.

Even more important, Mama Jo don’t let no fuggin’ terrible lookin’ knifes leave the compound even if Nathan is drunk enough to make one.

You know what I mean. I didn't mean ugly, ugly, I just mean that I might jump up and down saying, "I wish I would have got that, or that."

I ordered two, one with satin grind and wood.
The nicest looking CPK knife I've ever seen is owned by @.357gus and is cocobolo and satin grind. I'm hoping to luck out like that.
The second one is buffed double black with blue fasteners. I know that will look good.
Bottom line, they take pride in their work, so I'm confident that I'll be pleased with the outcome.

You bring up a good point and I don't really know the answer to this. I don't know what the mystery wood will be but in the past I have relied upon Osage Orange, African blackwood and cocobolo. I hate to promise a specific wood because it's not always simple finding the right stuff and yields are notoriously unpredictable. someone might order Osage orange and the entire lot of it warps and is scrapped. That has happened before. And I don't want to be stuck having to go back and start the entire process over again to make a set of scales that I promised which is why I'm doing wooden scales open-ended. I'm not really sure what to tell you.

I'm sure we do. Not often but occasionally. Whenever Uncle Matty orders a knife we always try to find something pretty hideous for him. He's special, got to make him feel loved. I've got an old piece of IKEA desk press board we salvaged from a trailer park tornado for him. You can still smell the despair in it

If I got an AEBL prepro Friday, then I’m going for two D3Vs. One acid washed with double black and a swedge (considering a penetrator too.) The other just a swedge and AECM for my backup collection. Still deciding on the penetrator and possibly a third blade to put less wear and tear on the acid wash.

So many good choices but I need to save some coin in case I luck into a boot dagger or K18. If those weren’t coming I’d get a satin swedged with particle board slabs.

Last edited:
You bring up a good point and I don't really know the answer to this. I don't know what the mystery wood will be but in the past I have relied upon Osage Orange, African blackwood and cocobolo. I hate to promise a specific wood because it's not always simple finding the right stuff and yields are notoriously unpredictable. someone might order Osage orange and the entire lot of it warps and is scrapped. That has happened before. And I don't want to be stuck having to go back and start the entire process over again to make a set of scales that I promised which is why I'm doing wooden scales open-ended. I'm not really sure what to tell you.

Yeah, and this virus just makes things worse. Ok, I got it. Sorry, I didn't mean to start a commotion.

I ordered two, one with satin grind and wood.
The nicest looking CPK knife I've ever seen is owned by @.357gus and is cocobolo and satin grind. I'm hoping to luck out like that.
The second one is buffed double black with blue fasteners. I know that will look good.
Bottom line, they take pride in their work, so I'm confident that I'll be pleased with the outcome.

The blue would look good with black. Yeah, I saw the photo of that one Gus has and it is beautiful!

An extra set of plain fasteners is cheap.
I haven’t seen a single set of wood handles come out of the CPK shop that I wasn’t envious of.
Acid wash looks phenomenal but I plan on using my knife so...
I’d love a swedge - but also love my wife so keeping the cost down is an imperative.

plain Jane for me

I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I had it in my head that the fasteners were proprietary and we couldn't buy them separately. I don't know.

I'm sure we do. Not often but occasionally. Whenever Uncle Matty orders a knife we always try to find something pretty hideous for him. He's special, got to make him feel loved. I've got an old piece of IKEA desk press board we salvaged from a trailer park tornado for him. You can still smell the despair in it

<3 <3 <3

You can write the word "wood" on the plain ol' handles using your Sharpie and I'd still lurve you the same as always.

CPK is special and I feel great being part of something very special because I too am special :D

Back