POLL: What's the most awesomest airplane?

What's the most awesomest airplane?

• Total voters

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
What's the greatest aircraft ever made?

Furthermore, most if not all of the most badass ones use titanium in their construction. Bonus question: from which aircraft would you like to have a titanium knife made, if you had the chance?

I selected other. A10 THUNDERBOLT II all day, baby!

X9ECkOj.jpg

I would like to make a blade out of the famous "bathtub" of an A10, even though it's just 6al4v.

No Harrier, no Vulcan, no F-86, no A-12, what kinda list is this. No 747, no Guppy, no DC3?

The longer you look the worse it is!

Well to be fair, the A12 is basically an SR71, is it not?

The 747 was on the original list, but got kicked for the F117. :p

I ran out of spots in the poll, so added "other" so any aircraft can be a write-in.

Good answers so far!

Insofar as tech and innovation goes the SR-71 is un-paralleled. The unbelievable design in every part of the aircraft is simply amazing for the time.

I was lucky enough to see one fly in 1984........it was a sight and sound that is indelibly etched into my memory.

Insofar as tech and innovation goes the SR-71 is un-paralleled. The unbelievable design in every part of the aircraft is simply amazing for the time.

I was lucky enough to see one fly in 1984........it was a sight and sound that is indelibly etched into my memory.

You might want to see this thread:

You might want to see this thread:

I saw it thanks. You made a great job of those.......:thumbsup::)

A few more planes you can consider are Concorde, the English Electric Lightning, Antonov 225

SR71; fastest airplane (except the A12), and absolutely awesome to see.
F15 ; the only fighter with a perfect air to air combat record and in its time a game changer
F22: the successor to the F15 which currently rules the skies
A10: if you need air support, it's the most beautiful fixed wing aircraft in the world, I am told

Honourable mentions have to go to the latest Sukhois which IMHO are the most beautiful planes in the air, certainly the most maneoverable with their full exhaust vectoring; B52, by far the longest lived front line aircraft if not weapons system ever, which literally scared the sh*t out of enemies, the B2 which is an absolutely incomparable bomber out of a science fiction movie that reminds me of the old flying wing, the Soviet/Russian Backfire bomber, simply because it's like a rough-hewn B1 on steroids, and I love the B1, and the Vulcan, which is the loudest scariest plane I ever saw or heard, complete with howl.

Last edited:
Back