POOR customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who disagrees is so blinded that they make themselves look bad by posting in defense of said practices. Thanks for letting us know who you are though.

Anyone who disagrees has the right to disagree without being bullied into silence...by either side. I don't even necessarily disagree with many of the points you make, but I sure disagree with the way you go about it.

Why not just leave it to the first two paragraphs of your post? That would have made your point without the aggressive language of the third paragraph that switched over from the company to against other members of this forum.

The "Starter Program" began in 2015. Although S!K stated they did not guarantee by any date, they estimated that they would have all the "starter Program" orders out within 12 months. That did not happen. At the same time they were selling old spec 5.0, 4.1 and 3.5. S!K stated in writing that these should ship in 1 to 2 months. Mine took 4 months, and others took a lot longer.

March 2015 to September 2017 is years, not 18 months...

Chiral, you are a guy with a great rep. However, the trouble started before 2016. My 4.1 order of two arrived months late with no explanation or communication - many months before 2016. The 3.5 second was the next ride - months late with no communication.

Nice knives, especially for the price, but not worth the drama and broken promises.

Because no knife matters to me above all other things. Just not a fan boy.

This thread belongs in the GB&U.

Guys, I have to apologize to you, my mind has been stuck on the Starters and this new generation of models shipping out, and how the 5.1 only took ~6 months from cutting (which didn't take place until after the starter-campaign ended in May '16) while the 4.7 took substantially longer. But you are 100% correct, there were really bad estimates on the previous generation of knives long before the Starter campaign.
I didn't place any orders with S!K between May '14 and late April 2015. The 2014 order was for 2 SK-4's and both of those shipped out 4 days after I bought them, the only time I paid for something "in stock" with S!K. But I dug back and found a thread where I posted regarding the Necker II: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...atch-of-knives-to-ship.1218438/#post-13986568
I placed my pre-order for a couple NeckerII's in October 2013 after they sent out the notice. Here is a copy of that notice (hopefully you can access it if curious):
http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=eadc85765dd1915442d1d6274&id=ebfcfd6f4b&e=9c73721b00

They mention "We are expecting these to finish production early January!" Again, that was October. I knew that it was extremely unlikely that I'd be seeing my NII's that fast, and indeed they did not show up until September of that year ;) I had totally forgotten about those. So if you like, you can knock their bad estimates back even into 2013.

Still, they always finished, always shipped the knives, and I have always been pleased with the quality. There was no way that they could have gotten ALL the Starter orders manufactured and shipped within 12 months - not even a full-scale, fully-staffed manufacturing facility could accomplish that, that was never going to happen. They always have more on their plate than they can competently handle in a timely manner, esp. when they can't take out loans the way a normal company might, and that is part of why it is such good news that they have finally linked up with a manufacturer to produce their stuff in the SK-line!

I am a more patient individual than many, I suppose, but that is perhaps why the S!K subforum even exists - there are folk interested enough in the product that they DO pay in advance and wait, and indeed very few of them seem to be online at all or at least not on BF *shrug* But for those hoping for a quicker build, I completely agree that it is not worth the wait and not worth the overly optimistic production estimates. Again, a lot of the folks here on the subforum just ignore those altogether. We are confident in the quality of tool that we are getting for the price and are content to wait. Folk who feel like they were tricked into buying by the unrealistic time-frame have a legitimate gripe, and that is what GB&U is for (which is not where this thread is right now). What bothers me is the folk looking for a refund who find that their requests are stuck in-line with the other various messages that the S!K staff (Jordyn and Ellie) are fielding and so do not get the prompt response that they deserve :( That is very troubling and I wish S!K would find a way to correct that.
Do we know if the OP got his refund yet? But again, my initial reply to the OP was simply a statement letting him know about a factor that may contribute to him not being able to get a reply at this time - it was not meant to excuse past , future, or even present delays of communication, only to provide him with information.

So again, here is me hoping that the OP gets his issue resolved so that he can move on, that S!K gets the 4.1 orders completed and out the door (including my two), that the 3.5's don't cause them nearly as much hassle as the 4.7s did, that the SK-line is able to draw off some of the pressure and help the company recover, and that all those with a beef find solace :)

Anyone who disagrees has the right to disagree without being bullied into silence...by either side. I don't even necessarily disagree with many of the points you make, but I sure disagree with the way you go about it.

Why not just leave it to the first two paragraphs of your post? That would have made your point without the aggressive language of the third paragraph that switched over from the company to against other members of this forum.
Because the "fans" have been rude to many of the people who spoken out against the shady practices of survive! Like in this very thread. Yet I must have missed your quoting his post and questioning his wording and point?

Peculiar.

Eta: The rude snide remarks use to be way worse a few years ago. Since then a good portion of the regular defenders have seen the light and abandon ship. Still the lingering few that remain, either act like nothing is wrong, name call people who are fed up with survive!, or complain about people coming to this forum to bring up issues. Or some combination of those.

Guess what, the number of people tired of the blind fans is growing and people wanting refunds have NO recourse other than to start a thread.

If the fans had their way they would bury the "complaint" threads ASAP. Well, others won't let that happen.

Last edited:
The eloquence spoken by the inner sanctum of defenders would make Bernie Madoff proud, such be the cloak of deception.

What is puzzling to me is the family emergency. It was per the article and a post by survive that a investment property Burt down. As I stated before really glad no one was hurt.
I just feel it's kinda crappy that people can't get a response or refund because Of a family emergency it was a investment property.
I'm sure their insurance will handle the building. I'm sure at the moment this is a financial burden,well how about all the customers that have been lied to and promised money back or knives they have a burden also.
I hope the op has gotten his money back
And I hope that everyone gets that or the knives they ordered. Survive needs to figure this out because selling seconds or ugly Betty's before a pre paid customer is made right is a slap in the face. I mean we all have heard the excuses over and over, the shop is loud can't hear the phone, only 1 person in the office, we hired office help but only part time, etc etc.
look it's not working for the customer maybe for the bank account but not for the customer. Maybe slow down and figure out a better direction to make the customers that have paid you 2.5 years ago before you sell others up front.

Because the "fans" have been rude to many of the people who spoken out against the shady practices of survive! Like in this very thread. Yet I must have missed your quoting his post and questioning his wording and point?

Peculiar.

Eta: The rude snide remarks use to be way worse a few years ago. Since then a good portion of the regular defenders have seen the light and abandon ship. Still the lingering few that remain, either act like nothing is wrong, name call people who are fed up with survive!, or complain about people coming to this forum to bring up issues. Or some combination of those.

Guess what, the number of people tired of the blind fans is growing and people wanting refunds have NO recourse other than to start a thread.

If the fans had their way they would bury the "complaint" threads ASAP. Well, others won't let that happen.

There is no way that I would bury the threads asking for refunds. The last thread I threw out an @SURVIVE! Ellie in the hopes it would catch attention right off. You might have missed that or your own bias might be showing. This thread started off with so much name calling that I intended to stay out. But then you had to try to bully others to stay out.

Your argument that rude behavior justifies your own rude behavior holds no weight. If you want to bash the company, have at it, or defend against individual posters that you think go over the line. See gonebad's post #46....you're not going to hear me refuting that. But bashing the forum members here as a whole is over the line. I believe by site rules we are supposed to be discussing the topic rather than each other, and that is what i am asking you to do.

The eloquence spoken by the inner sanctum of defenders would make Bernie Madoff proud, such be the cloak of deception.

This is also discussing members rather than the company.

Your very post is discussing me.. um hello.. take your own advice. Speaking of bias, funny you call me out but not the guy who outright name called people. You're not fooling anyone. Don't like my posts? Ignore them. Carry on.

See it however you like sir. You and I are never going to change each other's minds. However, I will gladly ignore your posts if you stay on topic rather than discuss the membership. Try it and see :thumbsup:

Don't ignore me then, enjoy my posts. I will.

Speaking of on topic, anyone got a clue where the survive! crew is at? Or when the OP will get acknowledged?

I can add another Survive Knives horror story.
1. I Pre paid for a GSO 5.1 back in May of 2016
2. I kept up with all their weekly production updates and excuses until finally last month (15 months after my pre-payment) I ran out of patience after they sent out an update saying that the GSO 5.1 was 12th in line for production. 12th in line after 15 months. Ridiculous! At this rate, we're talking at least 3 full years in order to get the knife. And that's only if they pick up the current production pace.
3. I write an e-mail to Jordyn who surprisingly answers right back telling me that she's sorry for the problems, and will put in the request for my refund right away.
4. 2 weeks pass with no refund, and no update from Jordyn so I send off an e-mail to her. Nothing. I send off another one. Nothing again. Finally I give up on the e-mails and start calling. I call and leave detailed messages on two different occasions, and give it another week. Nothing. I call a third time and somehow get lucky as Jordyn picks up the phone. I can tell instantly that she remembers who I am and would rather not talk to me. She apologizes and says that she'll personally make sure that my refund is handled right away. I ask her what 'right away' means, and remind her that it's already been 3 weeks since she told me that she would process my refund. She makes some half hearted excuse about someone being out on vacation blah blah blah, but promises to get it out to me by the end of the week. That was last Tuesday. So, of course last Friday arrives and still no refund. I send out another e-mail reminding Jordyn that she promised to get my refund out by the end of the week. Nothing.
5. It's now been 16 months since I prepaid for a GSO 5.1. It's been 4 full weeks since I was promised a refund. Since that time I've had to send several e-mails and make several follow up calls. Each time, I either no response at all, or I get what obviously is a BS response, geared at getting me off the phone as quickly as possible.
6. Fan Boys can all stand down. I don't want to hear it. If it walks, talks, looks, acts, and smells like a duck, then it's a duck. Survive is a duck.

Im not defending the company at all. I agree their business practices are awful. I just get tired of reading about it. The dead horse has been beat.

Order a knife
Knife takes too long
Ask for a refund
Refund takes too long

Again, i agree all this sucks but making thread after thread after thread crying is puzzling for me.

Get your refund and get over it. Sometimes it really sounds like a bunch of hens in here.

Its also a little weird the OP dropped this thread and looks like hes stepped back and watched the flames ignite.

Probably someoje with more than one screen name. I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt the same lady that is talking smack like a school house bully trying to gather support in one of the ither subforums.

Nah, I don't think so. He'd come at it straight forward. And he's right that the name calling needs to stay down on both sides. What I hate to see is these refunds taking so long now. That didn't used to be the case. Up to just recently people have been getting their refunds or their knife. We know that knives are still shipping. Slowly, but shipping. Not sure if any refunds have been granted recently. Anything more than a day or two after the request is too long IMO.

Im not defending the company at all. I agree their business practices are awful. I just get tired of reading about it. The dead horse has been beat.

Order a knife
Knife takes too long
Ask for a refund
Refund takes too long

Again, i agree all this sucks but making thread after thread after thread crying is puzzling for me.

Get your refund and get over it. Sometimes it really sounds like a bunch of hens in here.

Its also a little weird the OP dropped this thread and looks like hes stepped back and watched the flames ignite.

Probably someoje with more than one screen name. I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt the same lady that is talking smack like a school house bully trying to gather support in one of the ither subforums.

Yeah the people that want their money or knives and have waited over 2 years shouldn't have a gripe or say anything.
Every person that's getting the run around by this company has a right to voice their problems here. Is it getting redundant yes it is but survive is to blame they are the ones screwing people. Thes use the customer as a loan outlet.
Imagine ordering a knife being told a delivery date then a year to two years later even more in some cases not having a knife. Is that not grounds to start a thread here? How about asking for a refund that takes minutes to do but having to wait a month or more to get it is that not grounds to voice your concern here? I mean one has to think are they waiting for more presale money to fill the coffers to pay me my refund? Comming here calling members that have a legitimate issue with this BF maker hens is bullshit. It's not your money tied up and if it is and you can wait good for you. But others that are over it have a right to speak their mind

I have one Survive knife that I absolutely love and am waiting for a couple more. I think I've already said this elsewhere before and I hate to stoke the flames of discontent, but stories like the above in conjunction with the latest news that this young and financially struggling company lost its "investment property" to an (as yet) unexplained fire don't leave me feeling warm and fuzzy inside...

Don't ignore me then, enjoy my posts. I will.

Speaking of on topic, anyone got a clue where the survive! crew is at? Or when the OP will get acknowledged?
They can't hear the Internet because the family emergency is on fire.... or something like that

I've been collecting Survive! blades for around 4 years now and I think I have about 20. I've experienced knives coming on time or even before the stated date, but more often than that they tend to come 2-3 times longer than originally stated. I didn't get involved with the Pre-Order because from my experience they weren't going to be able to meet their deadlines due to the amount of new models and designs. I believe that the original intention was to try and cater to all of their fans and design blades people wanted. These days I think they're so far behind and they've gotten so used to dulling out the excuses it's difficult to defend them. They should stop promising 90 day delivery dates on their Factory 2nds, since we all know that 90% of the time it surpasses that time before we receive them. The last few I ordered two 4.7's were on time and one took 5 months versus the 45 days originally stated. The 4.1 was promised in 60 days and it took 6 months. Jordyn and Ellie were responsive to my emails, but I did receive responses stating they're sorry and only a few more weeks. Then wait another few more weeks and wait for the next excuse.

I still love and enjoy their knives and the quality we get when they're in hand for the money is still one of the best in my opinion. However, I have one more 2.7 that I'm waiting on and I think any other S!K's will be off the secondary market from now on. At least until they catch up and start meeting their deadlines. That being said, I have friends that are perfectly fine waiting and they have been for literally years. Survive has never not delivered a knife at least yet. I hope their business model holds together, but they do need to focus on keeping and growing their fan base. At this point, it's rapidly eroding and it's usually not a good sign for any business as the best way to grow are referrals.

They can't hear the Internet because the family emergency is on fire.... or something like that
Ah, thank you kind sir. Makes sense now that electronic refunds would be out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back