Porch Generosity Strikes Again! – tmd_87 Edition

Yesterday a small flat rate USPS Priority Mail box arrived with a return address that I did not recognize, but guessed was likely Taylor's ( tmd_87 tmd_87 ) based on the name and city. "What on Earth could Taylor be sending me?" I thought as I opened it. Inside I found a knife tube and brief, friendly note from Taylor. Yup, it was him! Still, what could he be sending me?

Out of the tube came what looked to be a two-blade GEC #15 pattern clad in handsome jigged bone that is a bit different than I'm used to seeing from GEC:

Lxyv3mGh.jpg

The main was clearly a clip, which was quickly and easily confirmed:

X0LYzN9h.jpg

Look at that patina! I'm guessing that a lime—or a bag of limes!—has been dispatched with this blade. Just lovely!

But, the secondary? What is it? A pen blade, maybe? Doesn't look like a coping... Let's find out:

x724Ivdh.jpg

My jaw dropped as the pieces started to fit together. This is a Radio Knife... This is not just a Radio Knife... This is the Radio Knife that he had rehandled in Sunset Aberdeen Jigged Bone by our own very talented @glennbad.

Wow, Taylor! Just wow! Thank you so much, my friend! I am blown away! I'll give this knife a good home and keep it in service. Among other things, this will be the perfect G&T knife: my favorite Fever Tree tonic water comes in capped glass bottles. In the mean time, the inaugural cap lifting had to be a beer that I know Taylor enjoys and is worthy of this fine knife. Fortunately my local supermarket had some in stock.

onbiFJch.jpg

Cheers, Taylor! And, thank you!

Back