• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Positive feedback: 'Hard Knocks'

Dave's a good dude.

I have to disagree with you on this point...

Dave's a GREAT dude...the best of us, matter of fact.

I know this first hand from buying and selling with him.

Case in point...Dave sold me a VERY HOTLY COVETED knife he could have EASILY made a 40%+ markup on-- it's been done on this model a number of times. And I would have happily paid it-- but he reached out to me and offered it to me for a price that probably put him in the hole after his fees and shipping were accounted for. He had absolutely NO MOTIVATION <aside from good will & kindness> to do this-- no haggling or horsetrading involved.

Thanks 669 for the opportunity to recognize David in Good part of GB&U!

Original thread can be found here.

I didn't comment in the thread before it got locked, so I'm starting a new one to leave feedback.

Dave's a good dude. Don't hesitate to purchase from him.

I was glad for the chance to open that one back up and get you some feedback left Richard. I can easily reciprocate what you have written here, and have no doubt that the positives will continue to build for you. I can absolutely say that our deal was not only the kind that we all hope for, but you are a person that I hope to deal with again....honest and straight forward :thumbsup: Good luck in your time here on the forum.

I have to disagree with you on this point...

Dave's a GREAT dude...the best of us, matter of fact.

I know this first hand from buying and selling with him.

Case in point...Dave sold me a VERY HOTLY COVETED knife he could have EASILY made a 40%+ markup on-- it's been done on this model a number of times. And I would have happily paid it-- but he reached out to me and offered it to me for a price that probably put him in the hole after his fees and shipping were accounted for. He had absolutely NO MOTIVATION <aside from good will & kindness> to do this-- no haggling or horsetrading involved.

Thanks 669 for the opportunity to recognize David in Good part of GB&U!

I'm very humbled by that Ron. I certainly make my share of mistakes, but hopefully they are honest mistakes. Thank you very much sir.

Hey Brian!!
You must REEAALLLLY agree!!
:D:D

:D Brian's phone has been keeping him from logging in for a couple weeks, but he's making up for lost time now!

All kidding aside, thank you guys for the vote of confidence. It's very humbling to have people you respect say nice things about you. Cheers.

I can only reiterate what everyone else has said:

"Don't hesitate to purchase from him"
"...a GREAT dude...the best of us"
"...honest and straightforward"
"...honest as they come"

I'm so glad I found this thread. Dave certainly deserves it.

Dave reached out to me out of the blue when I was still new to one of the subforums to offer me a knife he felt I might want. He was right, I did!
Everything was exactly as described, the price was super fair and I received the knife in no time. I regret not taking pictures of the packaging. You'd think he had sent me a faberge egg.

Dave's posts on the forum already say a lot about the man and his character.
With Dave, what you see is what you get.

I have had many deals with Dave through PMs here and they have all been handled like a pro on his behalf. His integrity is beyond reproach.

Back