1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Possible to swap G10 Linerless Native 5 blade (and lockbar) into Native 5 frame WITH liners?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Fixall, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    So this is probably a long shot, but I'm hoping one of you out there will have the parts on hand (and time) to check if this will work for me or not.

I just picked up a linerless G10 Cruwear Native 5. Eventually I'd like to swap the blade and lockbar into a G10 Native 5 WITH liners and then have some burlap Micarta scales made for it. Is anyone able to tell me if it's possible to swap a linerless G10 Native 5 blade and backlock into a G10 Native 5 with liners?

The strength is only a small aspect of why I would like to do this. It's more about aesthetics and handle heft.

Thanks!

2. ferider

ferider Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Yes, it's possible. Just make sure to swap blade and lock together.

Fixall and MMGRenovations like this.
  3. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Why?

4. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Good to hear. Swapping both the blade and lock is the plan. :)

I have a linerless, G10 Native 5 in Cruwear on the way. I’d like to swap the blade and lock onto a frame with liners and then have a set of burlap Micarta scales made for it.