Post photographs

I set my phone's camera to the lowest setting. I'm at 19:9 (5MP). Most photos upload at this setting.
I have tried to go to 4:3 but that goes to 8MP and most of those will not load.....

Try to keep the background simple so as not to increase the file size.
Then crop the photo to reduce mp/file size if it will not load onto forum site.
I just have a Motorola G7 Power. Nothing special, but the battery lasts me almost a whole week.

If you want to take awesome pics just buy Mikes phone from him. He's got it figured out.

What is 19:9 (5MP), and where do you set it on an iPhone? It looks like Mike’s 4.3 was really a ratio (4:3), but where is the setting done?
Why buy a phone or pad with a high resolution camera and then dumb it down to cave painting graphic resolution? Do I have to reset my camera’s resolution or pixel count output every time I shoot a picture for posting on the forum?

trying to post pic that is only 42.8 KB and 444x216 pixels and get this error.

The following error occurred.
The uploaded file is to large for the server to process.

Ed, try using a hosting site, I used Imgur, BBCode link, and was able to post this...
ULD1VFY.jpg

trying to post pic that is only 42.8 KB and 444x216 pixels and get this error.

The following error occurred.
The uploaded file is to large for the server to process.
See above post^^^^^^^^

ATTENTION JULY 2017 -
We have suggested people new to BladeForums use the free service PhotoBucket.
Their service now requires the payment of fees and essentially is not free. You must pay the fee in order to post a photo on the Buck Forum if you wish to go that route. Some folks need some way to save photos long term because they use their phones or tabs to take and store them. If new info is made available we will update this thread.
Until then be aware that PhotoBucket is now a pay as you go service. Also Blade Forums changed their servers recently (2017) and photo posting may be different than what is posted in this thread. Once the PhotoBucket issue has settled down a re-working of this thread will occur. The PhotoBucket issue is not settled. Some have quit the service, some still utilize it, many have gone on to other service sites. If you are beginning to learn to post photos you can read this thread for info but go to the the "Make this the last word" thread for further explanation on the PhotoBucket protests. And to here the forums gripes.......300Bucks

And to here the forums gripes.......300Bucks
when I was thinking about joining this forum I read this and thought it was going to cost 300 Bucks to be able post pictures , Lol

Does anyone know how to post now without having the imgur border appear around the photo?

Back