Post Pictures of your new Szabo

1 month later and my szabo is still stiff. I think the only way to make the szabo easier to open is to snip off a little bit of the piston spring... someone posted this mod somewhere here recently.

any updates, any szabos break in and are easier to open and close

Mine is getting there after cycling the blade thousands of times ,
the internal stop pin is rubbing against the liners , a couple of nice mirror polished spots has developed on it , so it´s not just the self closing mechanism on mine that makes it hard to open/close.

1234,,,:)

i would snip the spring but i dont trust myself taking apart which for me is a expensive knife

Last edited:
Mine has loosened and is easier to open and close. I cannot flick it open, but can easily open with my thumb.

The blade stop pin now rattles when the blade is in the closed position. I am not sure it that really bothers me yet.

1 month later and my szabo is still stiff. I think the only way to make the szabo easier to open is to snip off a little bit of the piston spring... someone posted this mod somewhere here recently.

i would love to hear updates from those who have been successful in breaking in their szabos without modifications.

heres mine, i highly suggest doing the mod... totally in love with my szabo now :)
603229_10151193358490458_1255770147_n.jpg

heres the videos i made as well as the thread discussing the mod:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...er-owners-just-did-a-mod-i-highly-recommend-)
[video=youtube;BiNPRRsYlpU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiNPRRsYlpU[/video]
[video=youtube;d-h1t0MijxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-h1t0MijxM[/video]

i ordered my szabo today, i think instead of snipping the spring a wave mod with be better so here is my idea for a wave mod raptor claw thing. for some reason the szabo makes me think of raptors and raptor claws and jurassic park

bladeforums2.jpg

Last edited:
with that much resistance, a wave as above is going to tear up any pants worn within short order. i highly suggest you try it with a kwik stud or ziptie wave mod before permanently modifying the blade in any manner. honestly if youre going to grind away at the blade, i would just snip a few coils away instead ;)

i found the kwik stud but how would i make it into a wave. i would rather take this route

a kwik stud waves wonderfully, just as well as excessively large thumbstuds such as on the zt 0200 (it actually works better than the 0200). you can play around with its position to optimize wave deployment and no it doesnt or hasnt marred any of the knives ive used it on. ive used it on various knives over the pass 2 years since i discovered them via another forum member :)

edit: let me check if a kwik stud will fit the szabo... it may be too thick.

Last edited:
sorry, no bueno... its too thick to work without filing down the groove on the kwik stud :/

yeah i cant do crazy fine work like that, if i dont have the blade modded i will try a few ideas with zip ties . i did this to my cold steel hold out 2 so i will think something up

bladeforums6.jpg

yeah i cant do crazy fine work like that, if i dont have the blade modded i will try a few ideas with zip ties . i did this to my cold steel hold out 2 so i will think something up

bladeforums6.jpg

im not allowed to link it here but there is an ebay member i believe that molds kydex in the same exact fashion you did selling them for $10+- a pop w/ hardware. i personally feels such a thing detracts from aesthetics of a knife but to each their own.

edit: here are the pics from ebay... sorry thats as big as theyre gonna get as im lazy haha
$(KGrHqV,!oMFC3H2(IrrBQ3Pq+v)E!~~60_14.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!pMFC4W5OmDnBQ3Pqs2Zeg~~60_14.JPG

Last edited:
lol pocket ripping wave feature i love it. I really like the look of the szabo but i just cant get myself to buy a folder with a 10 inch handle.(exageration) (poor spelling)

lol pocket ripping wave feature i love it. I really like the look of the szabo but i just cant get myself to buy a folder with a 10 inch handle.(exageration) (poor spelling)

lol it isnt much larger than a military albeit a bit heavier unless youre comparing it to a ti millie... but it surely dose ooze more badassery :D

Mine is finally broken in. My procedure was taking the Szabo apart and polishing the washers. Afterwards I adjusted the pivot screw to remove any horizontal blade play, and opened-closed it for about 500 times.

Back