Post pictures?

I have photos in my gallery on my phone, how do I add them on here?

Thanks.

• Make an Imgur account
  • click "New post"
  • Drag and drop the image or select a file
  • Right click the image and select "copy image"
  • Paste it here (ctrl v)

Apparently you need to use a 3rd party app like imgur... I cant figure out though how to make it show up as a photo instead of just a link..

copy the link, press the button above the text box here that looks like a picture (next to smiley face) and paste it there.

Apparently you need to use a 3rd party app like imgur... I cant figure out though how to make it show up as a photo instead of just a link..
If you're going to post the link, and want it to appear as an image, it's just a matter of selecting the correct option. (They offer several, for various method of sharing).
Alternatively, you can use the method Jsega51 described above. If you go with that option, make sure your link ends in .jpg (there's another that works; but I don't remember it). Using the wrong link in there doesn't work either.

*Edited to add - I disliked the imgur app, and have uninstalled it every time I've loaded it; so I can't tell you offhand how to find the appropriate code. I can show you what it looks like from a desktop, though; so you'll recognize it when you see it.

Last edited:
Select your image, and mouse over it
View attachment 1537352
don't use that Copy link, it won't work in the image coding...instead, click on the ...
that gives you this:
View attachment 1537353
Click on share links to get
View attachment 1537354
you want the BBCode (Forums) selection; so copy that link
It will look like this
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/UiGGKW2.jpg[/img]
When you put that code in your post, it does this
UiGGKW2.jpg

There IS a way to get to those codes in the app...I just don't remember what it is (it's been a few years).
The easiest link will look something like this: https://imgur.com/UiGGKW2
if you click on that, it takes you to the above image...but, using that link for the way Jsega51 described won't work UNLESS you add .jpg to the end of it (you can see that in the code shown above - both methods create the same code).

On the imgur app apparently if you just copy the url and paste it in that photo box by the smiley face it does come up ending in jpg. I hate imgur... I used to use photo bucket all the time until they held everyone's photos hostage for money.

Back