Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

Patagonia Houdini :thumbup:

24140_943.fpx

Image off Patagonia site.

So far, the newest model seems pretty breathable to me.

I swear, you and JV3 have got to be the worst of gear whores. I'm so glad I don't have that problem...

Never owned anything but a spork from Snow Peak until the last week or so, but now I'm all titaniumed out.
I'll actually be using a LMF plastic spork that's even lighter than the Snow Peak one. Ti spork + Ti bowl = a noisy combo.
What's amazing is that my old Primus Ultralight("ultralight" 15yrs ago!) stove weighs 7.505oz, and now my whole cook kit(stove, spork, bowl, 700mL mug/pot and lid) weighs 8.705oz.

img01372201207210954.jpg

Cell phone pic. As of last week, I have to have a new camera, which I am agonizing over:rolleyes:

Oop...can't forget the TarpTent Notch and Zpacks "Solo" cuben bathtub floor. 19.7oz, stakes and all:
img01354201207130931.jpg

Hmmm...wonder what that 24oz mat will get replaced with?;)

It's a good thing I'm getting OT shifts, and just refinanced my old 6.25% mortgage at 3.5%. Almost 3.5 years less, with ~18% lower payment. Talk about lightening the load!

Hahaha! :D uh huh, you don't have that problem at all :D

I wish I could get OT pay. As it stands now, I often have to sell something to pick up something new.

I did get this SwissBianco Bushcrafter last week :D :

f4ecd0cc.jpg

That's right. I can stop any time!
In my defense, there's about to be a bunch of kids starting high school that are younger than some of my gear. Well, my old gear. Pretty sure I've now replaced....everything:D

That SAK is sweet, btw:thumbup:

He's still got some available I bet, if you guys are intersted. Just send him an email or a PM, Roger is a forum member :thumbup:

I might have a custom sak made soon, with a small blade and the combo screwdriver/cap lifter/can opener tool instead of the can opener and cap lifter tools. I think that'd be my ideal woods sak, especially since I carry and prefer a leatherman micra for the occasions I want a scissors.

I pretty much blew my "toy" budget for the rest of the year if not more.

I bought a rack for my van (VanTech rack), and a canoe to take out with the family (wife and two small boys 6 and 2).

The Canoe is a Mohawk XL15 white water canoe with wide seats, and a removable hanging center seat.

IMAG0030.jpg

Boys can't wait to take it out.
JackandBobonlawn.jpg

WOW!!! What a great canoe. It looks plenty large enough to haul all the gear necessary for a prolonged family outing and camping trip.

Last edited:
I've been wanting one of those and I had a little cash in my paypal account so I finally pulled the trigger :eek:

I wish I could get OT pay. As it stands now, I often have to sell something to pick up something new.

I did get this SwissBianco Bushcrafter last week :D :

f4ecd0cc.jpg

okay, this scandi love, is getting pretty bad..:5: i scored these 2 in the last few weeks..

a Lapin "camping knife" puukko, and a Finnish Wastikivi whetstone.. so far i am really liking this knife.. it is very light and agile.. it came razor sharp and is well worth the price.. sheath isn't bad either..

IMG_2697-1.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

and finally.. check this beauty out.. i scored this Adventure Sworn Explorer, used, over in the exchange.. :54:
i have wanted one of cody's knives for years now.. i am totally impressed with this thing.. it feels/looks perfect in every way.. the sheath is equally just as nice as the knife, it is flawless and compliments it well.. i am stoked..:)

1/8 O1 steel with Gray stabilized bird's eye maple. Black/red liners.

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

Nice scores Mike ... I got to handle an Adventure Sworn bushcrafter that RescueRiley owns.

Great knife :thumbup:

Those are sweet Mike, especially the Adventure Sworn, WOW! Cody makes a helluva nice knife.

I'm behind, I bought this rig about a month ago. Its a MSR Pocket Rocket with 8oz. of MSR fuel (isopro). I'll be getting some new stuff in soon, and I'll post it up. its all sitting on a tan shemagh, so I'll post up a little from that order (its not all here yet)
IsoprostoveMSR002.jpg

Last edited:
Most recent gear is the stainess bottle/cup kit from The Pathfinder School. Was looking at putting together something similar, and found it a lot easy to just order this kit and a carrier from Pathfinder in one order.

.32oz Stainless Bottle
PathfinderBottle.jpg

.25oz Stainless cup
PathfinderCup-1.jpg

"ring" stove
PathfinderStove-1.jpg

Nested together
PathfinderStove-4.jpg

Condor brand carrier
PathfinderCarrier-2.jpg

Back