Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

Friday morning at about 0545, I made my annual trek to Tractor Supply to buy a couple of synthetic winter shirts. Was home by 0630.

C.E.%2520Schmidt%2520Tractor%2520Supply.JPG

IMG_5238_zps2jyswrhr.jpg

I made a small 4-knife batch of these 12" choppers in 1/4" thick CPM 3V steel. One is for myself, one is for one of my best friends and the other two are just extras. I intended to use them as a heavy duty camp knife and for brushing in ground blinds in deer/duck woods. I did a tall flat grind and heavily skeletonized tang. Handles are all heavily bead blasted micarta to improve traction, especially when wet. The flats are tumbled and the grind is done with a belt finish. And, they each got a kydex sheath with drain hole. They came in at 11oz or 14oz with sheath. You can sure do a lot of work with these for under 1 pound with sheath!

Just finish these up today. Good thing winter procrastinated longer than I did.

15327468_1524728004209288_1369102342892926922_n.jpg

my first survive! knives...a cru forge v 4.7. first impression is it's worth the hype regarding fit & finish...should make the wait for the 4.1 a little easier.

sk_cru_forge_v_4.7_zpsgsyn3yxy.jpg

Landi Knives Scandi Bushcraft. O1 (my first) and it was on sale so thought I would try it.

Landi%20Bushcraft_zpsuozhfxti.jpg

Queen's Cutlery premium skinner in D2. Dressed the first deer a week or so ago. Nice little all around knife w a very nice sheath. Made in USA.

_20161119_172706_zpsf4looyge.jpg

Scored a 10cm Zebra pot with the metal clips for $15 shipped. Next to a GSI cup for size reference:

1.png

Queen's Cutlery premium skinner in D2. Dressed the first deer a week or so ago. Nice little all around knife w a very nice sheath. Made in USA.

_20161119_172706_zpsf4looyge.jpg

Been on the market for years
I have had the drop point in oak for a long time
One of the understated knives around
They cost about $50 which is on hell of a price
Takes time to get the D2 to where you want it, then it holds a working edge for a long time
I put a large split ring on the top loop of the sheath and hang it from a light aluminum carbiner because the leather belt loop is a little too weak

Highly recommended

Back