Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

rmj shrike.

rmj_shrike_zpsv7mn7w3g.jpg

also managed to snag an old-spec survive! knives gso 4.1 in m390.

sk_4_1_m390_01_zpsma25gnec.jpg

first impression is i like it better than the 4.7...much lighter and the handle contouring/overall size fits my hand better...can't wait to compare it to the new spec 4.1 and will probably only keep the one i like best out of the 3.

sk_4_1_m390_02_zpszvwhguyk.jpg

Waterproof storage case. Planning to be on the water a lot more this year and wanted something more than the protective water-resistant 'ammo' type containers I've been using for camera, gps, binoculars, cell etc. when paddling. Half price ... loving the spring sales at my local outdoor store.

Lighter tarps, one 8X10 2.2 lb and one 5X7 1 lb. Again the sales offering something I've been keeping my eye on for a while. ;)

Dude, we had a male cocker spaniel growing up that would walk up and down the rows of tomatoes until he found a ripe, red one. Walk under a shade tree, lay down and eat every bit. He was fed good. Feller just loved ripe tomatoes.

I was looking at loupes to improve my field sharpening, and found this lighted one that is probably too strong, but I am finding it so helpful in identifying so many other things ... like garden pests that I could never identify before and hatching flea eggs before they become a problem on the pups.

As much as I love the use of my sharp tools, I do not put a lot of effort into shaving hair or into shiny edges - respectfully though to those who do. Love to see them, but need only what works for me.

Dude, we had a male cocker spaniel growing up that would walk up and down the rows of tomatoes until he found a ripe, red one. Walk under a shade tree, lay down and eat every bit. He was fed good. Feller just loved ripe tomatoes.

Way back when, my first spaniel, Tess ... she took my heart and shook my world! Understanding that I had loved many, many family dogs before. Tess snagged crab-apples from the low hanging tree branches. She and her companion spaniel snorfed ripening blueberries on camp trips up north. It was a short jump to be treating them with carrots, potatoes, berries and apple slices over "recommended" manufactured treats.

I learn from them. You are a keen observer and stay on it! Thanks.

JV3, may I ask what firesteel that is? Looks like a good size. Thanks.

i think the brand is called "expedition firesteel" and i've only seen the orange one sold by survival-pax which unfortunately is shutting down (there's a thread here for it actually).

just in time for mtb season...kuat nv 2.0 bike rack...on and off in under a minute and that includes locking/unlocking it - i should've bought one a long time ago!

kuat_nv_2_zpst9ogtkeb.jpg

Nope it's an SP1.

Added a mauser 98 to my 308s. Israeli rebarrled to 308. Should be a good hunter
IMG_8547_zpsymnr5p4m.jpg

camelbak mule - one for mtb'ng and one while riding my motorcycle to/from work.

camelbak_mules_zpsou97eonb.jpg

Back