Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

yeti_hopper_flip_12_zpstlph7qty.jpg

lodge sportsman's grill...just got delivered and couldn't wait until tomorrow...i'm already a convert to cast iron skillets so it's no surprise i'm liking this one too as my first impression.

lodge_grill_zpsqfahrmz7.jpg

oVI5qLo.jpg

More urban carry but why not for hikes too so I post this here.
Tasmanian Tiger essential pack mkII (9 litres)

Picked up a ALPS Camp Creek 4, to replace our Coleman Evanston 4.
Camp-Creek-2017-no-loop.jpg

The wife & I are both too old & stiff to struggle in & out of the Coleman. This one has a taller door
& way more height inside. Will order some Easton .742 7075 -T9 sections to replace the OEM
steel poles to shave a few pounds.

the arrival of my field skillet no. 8 (waited about 3 months for it. the cooking surface is very smooth by the way)...

field_skillet_zpsxsrhcmih.jpg

...triggered this. d'oh! sizes: 12", 2 10.25", 9", 8", 6.5", 5", 2 3.5", 10.5" griddle, 14 oz melting pot, and a loaf pan. i had great result after sanding the cooking surface of my lodge 9" smooth that i figured this will be my weekend project whenever it's too hot to hike or ride my bike.

lodge_skillets_zpsyqqvumhk.jpg

the arrival of my field skillet no. 8 (waited about 3 months for it. the cooking surface is very smooth by the way)...

field_skillet_zpsxsrhcmih.jpg

...triggered this. d'oh! sizes: 12", 2 10.25", 9", 8", 6.5", 5", 2 3.5", 10.5" griddle, 14 oz melting pot, and a loaf pan. i had great result after sanding the cooking surface of my lodge 9" smooth that i figured this will be my weekend project whenever it's too hot to hike or ride my bike.

lodge_skillets_zpsyqqvumhk.jpg

Is there a Dutch oven on the way?

Is there a Dutch oven on the way?

i don't know. honestly, i've cooked with it a couple of times already and i don't see a real advantage to the lighter weight. it might actually be a negative since i notice an un-even heating due to less mass. i have a lodge 9" that i sanded smooth and it's my favorite skillet so after i do the same for the rest of my lodge the field skillet might not see anymore use.

if the dutch oven is similar in that it's lighter weight i'll stick to lodge.

yeti 1-gallon rambler jug...just in time since this weekend will be spent mostly cleaning/reorganizing the garage and people who knows me knows anything above 70 deg it might as well be 130 for me :eek:

yeti_rambler_jug_zpsda3ygoya.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg Here is a Russian E tool (entrenching). It is of all Titanium construction. If you put the blade in the hoe position and turn the shovel upside down, it makes a 1 legged stool.

my neighborhood lost power for 20 minutes during a storm last week (memories of hurricane sandy and 10 days of no power came rushing back in) so that finally pushed me over the edge to move on from portable solar panels to a beefier setup...renogy 100w panel and a 35 ah battery (i should've started with a renogy 100 ah) to get my feet wet...not sure yet how much i'll need but my goal will be to add a panel and battery to the system every month until most of my electrical appliances are off the grid.

renogy_100w_zpskvmt2ixy.jpg

...and just in case so i don't burn anything down :D

fire_extinguishers_zpsnr4aoaye.jpg

my 100w solar panel setup is now up and running for almost a week...time to harvest some of that free energy :D ravpower 22000 mah batteries and powerjive meters.

ravpower_battery_banks_powerjive_zpsbvlyr9i1.jpg

Back