Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

i went to a notary and to the post office yesterday to drop-off the firearms id card application reference letter for my buddy near a gun shop...next thing i know i walked out of there with a beretta cx4 storm in 9 mm...d'oh!

beretta_cx4_storm_zpsklivq9pn.jpg

magpul 15-rounders...these are hard to find so i was pleasantly surprised to see a shelf full of them.

magpul_15_rnd_pmags_zpsjukjsf12.jpg

picked up a couple of ikea-brand batteries to try out...a buddy tipped me off that battery forum people are saying it's really an eneloop/panasonic core at half the price.

ikea_batteries_01_zpsejthlsou.jpg

made in japan...someone also posted discharge graphs, etc. and it matches the signature of a panasonic...true?

ikea_batteries_02_zpsziiseufc.jpg

picked up a couple of ikea-brand batteries to try out...a buddy tipped me off that battery forum people are saying it's really an eneloop/panasonic core at half the price.

ikea_batteries_01_zpsejthlsou.jpg

made in japan...someone also posted discharge graphs, etc. and it matches the signature of a panasonic...true?

ikea_batteries_02_zpsziiseufc.jpg
Did a check on Amazon. Eneloop specs are much better and price as well. Maybe cheaper to buy in the store? But the specs are not near what eneloops are.

Reactions: JV3
Did a check on Amazon. Eneloop specs are much better and price as well. Maybe cheaper to buy in the store? But the specs are not near what eneloops are.

thanks! someone else said the amazon brand are nice as well.

another rmj shrike...not sure if i like the newer one (left - milled) vs. the old (right - drop-forged).

old_new_rmj_shrike_zps7zs25p5x.jpg

Self discharge rate is very dependent on the purity of the ingredients . You'd have to do a detailed chemical analysis to find if there was a difference !

i went to cabelas yesterday to buy a battery for my aimpoint and "just to look"...next thing i know i bought 3 pelican rifle cases, a few cases of shotgun ammo and clay targets :eek:

pelican_cases_zpsirnjyat2.jpg

shotgun_ammo_zpsjnzvxvwg.jpg

clay_targets_zpsxit5lkvc.jpg

the 2.5 yrs wait is finally over...survive! knives gso 4.1 delta 3v with micro-textured orange g10 :D

d3v_4.1_zpsifaotiaa.jpg

with the old-spec 4.1 (bottom) and cruforge v 4.7 (top).

4.7_4.1_d3v_4.1_zpsc69aslyr.jpg

about 100 lbs of ammo in two boxes...the fedex guy was annoyed :D

250 #8 for target clays, 250 rifled slugs and 250 of #00 buckshot 12 gauge for defense.

shotgun_ammo_092017_zpsaekaibif.jpg

2k 9 mm for plinking.

9mm_ammo_092017_zpsft53n3br.jpg

a couple of pistol defensive rounds...150 +p .45 acp, 100 +p+ 9 mm and 40 hydra-shok 9 mm.

9_mm_45acp_ammo_092017_zpsu1zrukkd.jpg

aww yeah! i didn't know in advance but the slug is laguna seca blue - matches my bike :D now i need a matching shotgun for riding :eek:

blue_slug_zpssu6hrwd1.jpg

mc_lsp_02_zpspj4qybdj.jpg

mc_lsp_01_zpsczpcs6cn.jpg

surefire x400 ultra with red laser. amazon only had 1 in stock so i ordered the other one from b&h...box from amazon was definitely opened including the sealed plastic that contained the birthday certificate and spare screws were cut open so it sent an immediate red flag.

the counterfeit (or airsoft?) on the right. the finish was a bit gritty and the markings weren't quite as crisp.

surefire_x400_ultra_red_laser_01_zpsqmkl8jvp.jpg

the dead giveaway it's a fake is the mispelled "exposure" though. the emitter looked different and the internal circuitry was black instead of green and it didn't have a surefire marking...but it's a pretty damn good fake! light and red laser functions fine (it probably won't hold zero though). if i didn't have a 2nd one to compare to and the box wasn't obviously opened i might not have looked closely enough :mad:

it's sold by and shipped from amazon so my guess is the previous buyer replaced it with a fake one...i hate thieves. if they just worked a little harder and been a bit more patient maybe they could afford the real thing instead.

surefire_x400_ultra_red_laser_02_zpsnyvjfhih.jpg

C8600C09-F936-4A24-B572-AF8DC03E6DE2.jpeg AE7ECE5E-3369-42BA-86AE-467E119E1A80.jpeg Here is a Russian Ti cat hole shovel. Very light, can be used without wooden handle, and good for planting tulips.

a couple of new packs for edc and range gear...kifaru native.

kifaru_native_zpslznnkrmo.jpg

tad fast pack litespeed.

tad_litespeeds_zpspf0a70gz.jpg

tad control panel and op1.

tad_control_panel_1_op1_zpshmuiycse.jpg

eberlestock halftrack.

eberlestock_halftrack_01_zpsuljalnav.jpg

ilbe assault pack.

ilbe_assault_pack_01_zps31fbew0a.jpg

first impresssions...the ilbe's craftsmanship is the worst i've seen so far especially after hearing "designed by arcteryx" and all that...propper definitely did not do the arcteryx name justice. checkout the wonky spacing on the molle (red lines). a tactical tailor malice clip won't even pass through the right-most side at all.

ilbe_assault_pack_02_zpsoxvaiouu.jpg

the tad pack's fit and finish is on par with kifaru...but not sure if the materials themselves are berry amendment compliant? it's made in the usa so it's a huge plus but the op1 is another story. the front velcro flap is not horizontal by half an inch.

tad_op1_zps6jasmyth.jpg

the eberlestock's buckles feels the cheapest out of the tactical packs i've owned. torso length is too short that the belt is useless to me for load bearing (comes up to my belly button). the eberlestock is the front runner to be my main range bag because of all those internal pockets and the capacity to hold ammo cans. the litespeed is most likely my new edc and range bag for when i'm not bringing a ton of guns and ammo. the native is best for day hiking - the tactical version of my gossamer gear riksak...that's it for now :)

Wow. Finally someone whos pack addiction is worse than mine :D. I at least try to buy just one at a time....
Thanks a lot for posting your impressions and findings!

hk vp9 :)

new_9_zpslfgyvphy.jpg

Wow. Finally someone whos pack addiction is worse than mine :D. I at least try to buy just one at a time....
Thanks a lot for posting your impressions and findings!

you're welcome! i learned my lesson - it seems like every time i really like something enough to want a backup just in case it gets discontinued...i don't have a lot of knives (except moras) and everything else but backpacks is another story, haha.

Back