Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

Rodent Rucki
ZKO_Ov4gchv-fc-s4fKg6Cx5Ixb4TCpd89ywos-NKY6ajMJcDQDzTYc2PltyrQWDl57AWfZBNDJDnHNLtcsE3obSpI2bGFxU19iBbnhfT9BS25pPkx3V5nXYMxl2x_pfiNdzPIKu

2XGLM5VjzR0XGcrQL7IxWrV-2vHDPUF1kQEArqfeK6RDFa3kGtDtThNgeA4RFF4ma-bzIbSAkyFA3duuzBHxt_80cd7EfkaClS4jUf5v-yQh7FfDFn9JR896100RkG4qfdZJIjRD

Only three knives for me.
R9I6Jvd.jpg

Two knives for each of my two boys.....

30HqU4C.jpg

Also bought a steel core gun belt from Bigfoot Gun belts that is stellar, couple pairs of Deluth firehose pants.

Bought a IWB kydex holster for my carry gun. Took near a month, came after Christmas and they sent me a damn left handed holster!!!!!!!!! They have not responded yet..... Boo patriot holsters!!!!!!

Also got a few extra mags for my face, and ar15.

And a Solo campfire stove. Still need to spend some Christmas loot, but it was a good Christmas.

Solo Campfire showed up, and works dandy.
Boiled 7 cups of water fast!!!

Tried a quick toast and eggs. Have to say, even with cast iron, the heat was very hot (even with little fuel).

Nice cooking :thumbsup: Is that a top load when using twigs etc.?

Nice cooking :thumbsup: Is that a top load when using twigs etc.?

Yes. You can just leave the pot or pan on, and there is a space to add fuel at the top.

Another cool thing was the bottom of the unit never seemed to get hot. I saw a guy on YouTube say you could pick it up, at full burn, with bare hands, at the very base with care, and move it. Sure enough, I tried it, and I could touch the base, even while it was shooting flames out the top for the pad 15 minutes. Picked it up and moved it.

Those Solo's are slick, I have the next smaller one { titan}. Use it all the time, great for quick heat ups
for hot cocoa or coffee singles. I rigged up a small square of wire mesh for my Toaks cup
to sit on, the fins on the top cap are too far apart to safely set something that small

L LG&M
Got me a new toy today! Well in all reality I got it for the wife still intending on using a tube device myself as the weight difference between her and I is a bit daunting lol. (ATC-XP for now, I do still intend to try the megajul you recommended though) but I can't ask her to learn anything I'm not comfy with myself so my buddy and I took it out for some playing, er I mean "extensive testing" today and it sure is nice. Nice to rappell on too, I backed it up with an autoblock below the device (to my rt. leg loop), if you were wondering the setup.

I've used a few different assisted breaking devices before including a GG2 but never owned one so I did a lot of research and asking around and the general consensus was for the grigri so I was about to buy that when some forum comments and YouTube reviews convinced me the + was worth the upgrade but after using it today I don't see how this was worth an additional 50% of the price... The "anti-panic" feature is almost a joke. Its more like the mechanism on a click-type torque wrench, how it doesn't physically stop you from keeping on going, just gives you a click alert...

Anyway I don't have enough enough experience with it yet, or with assisted breaking devices in general to give more than my initial opinions on it. It is fun...

pO6MmH8.jpg

9bOpBW0.jpg

* :( No new knives, just needed something to prop the gg+ up.

Cereal_killer Cereal_killer
We use the grigri on our wall. They make it easy train someone belaying , IMO I would prefer they learn on a tube device first.
I rappeled with the setup in your photo .I prefer using a eight .I am a custom to it. My jul2 makes for a "un-smooth " descent but it's great for belaying.
Enjoy your new gear.

Last edited:
glock 43 with trijicon hd :) i'm waiting on a taran tactical +2 and hyve technologies +1 base plates to see which i like better before buying more.

g43_zpsn0kiqkrv.jpg

another month another new glock :D my favorite pistol overall is the gen 5 g17 so i bought a backup...i think i'll buy another one next month and a backup g43 and call it good for awhile.

g17_number_2_zpsx6tf3fjr.jpg

hyve +1 base plates with taran tactical +2 springs for the g43 mags.

g43_hyve_mags_zpsboatg38x.jpg

my glock collection so far.

g17s_g43_zpsfw481cgr.jpg

Picked up this boot knife on impulse. Had one years ago. Wondering what kind of steel it is. It's a Japanese Khyber in stainless steel. Has 2750 stainless steel stamped on the blade. Is 2750 a stainless steel or model number? Not much info online. I thought Japanese used Aus8. Here's a pic. Nice little knife
eyfkbtd.jpg

Back