Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

my survive! knives collection is growing - probably the most knives from a single brand i have except for mora. i recently picked up a 3v 4.7 (backup to my cru forge v) and a factory second d3v 4.1 (backup to my orange d3v 4.1).

their factory second should not be a factory 2nd! it's flawless except for some barely noticeable scuff mark or two on the spine on the handle...baton it through oak once or twice and that's the kind of scuff mark we're talking about.

survive_knives_collection_zpswindfe47.jpg

esee cm-6 with the tkc orange g10 handle...i'm super picky when it comes to knives so i've just been buying duplicates of my favorites lately.

esee_cm6_zps5jusdwhw.jpg

these cutting boards are impressively beefy - the big one is 1/2" thick...and it doesn't have those annoying "features" like the juice/blood groove and grab handle.

the old hickory butcher's knife (middle one) will be a project knife - i'll probably mod it into a kephart.

old_hickory_cutting_boards_zpse07fq5y7.jpg

kifaru cargo net and pack cover for my zxr.

kifaru_cargo_net_pack_cover_zpslepm9z1b.jpg

svord general outdoors knife...their machete is one of my favorites but for some reason that handle doesn't quite work for me in this size knife so it'll probably be relegated to a loaner/beater knife.

svord_general_outdoors_knife_zpse5hefg2v.jpg

petzl_actik_core_zpsuzgkcr7p.jpg

...and my best recent purchase so far - orange eneloop! :D

orange_eneloop_zpslm4xr2gb.jpg

blue force gear trauma kit now! pouch and tourniquet holder. this thing was freaking pricey for a pouch but i must say i'm very impressed once i saw it in person.

blue_force_gear_trauma_pouch_zpsxeweww3a.jpg

garmin foretrex 601.

garmin_foretrex_601_zpsooopwcis.jpg

utm/gps book for my buddies.

utm_books_zpssx58zeop.jpg

i was hoping for a gen 5 g21 but i don't think that's coming anytime soon so settled for a gen 4 for now.

glock_21_trijicon_sights_zpse3n3bim3.jpg

heavy cover titanium fry pan.

heavycover_titanium_fry_pan_zpseatbok4t.jpg

box o' goodies from kifaru :D finally, the two things i've been waiting for kifaru to make for years...lost park parka full zip and the hood is non-removable which is a must for me.

kifaru_lost_park_parka_full_zip_zpsrzqonysg.jpg

my favorite feature over my patagonia down jackets is the kangaroo pouch inside the side pockets - i can put a flashlight or something in there and no risk of falling out.

kifaru_parka_kangaroo_pouch_zpsuw6h1bkh.jpg

aegis tarp...finally, a flat 10' x 10'.

kifaru_aegis_tarp_zpsjoc1b3sz.jpg

5 string stuff sack.

kifaru_5_string_stuff_sack_zpsuwdj0c9a.jpg

the rest are impulse buy - their site is dangerous to my wallet :oops:

kifaru_belt_pullout_zpsddoy6szx.jpg

climashield apex insulation woobie and doobie...the older ones had climashield combat insulation. the new insulation is supposed to be warmer for the same weight.

kifaru_woobie_doobie_apex_zpsd6okfryd.jpg

new vs. old woobie...and they're putting more insulation now too. i don't have my old doobie anymore (got rid of it because the multicam side felt weird against my skin) to compare the size.

kifaru_woobies_zpshlhak4sk.jpg

it's time to refresh my med supplies again...probably the only gear that makes me happy to see not used :)

leatherman raptor.

leatherman_raptors_zps0jwxa7th.jpg

countycomm compact trauma shears.

countycomm_trauma_shears_zpsn2vnphfe.jpg

the two on top is a syringe filled with celox and loose celox refill. i bought it for me just in case since i don't think i can actually stuff gauze in my own gun shot hole with my fingers without passing out. bottom three are celox-infused gauze.

celox_zpsbdziozzo.jpg

h&h compression and 6" israeli bandages...the israeli t3 is on backorder.

compression_bandages_zpsbdodx8vz.jpg

chest seals.

hyfin_chest_seals_zpsjktas2xp.jpg

plain compressed gauze and frog tape.

nar_gauze_frog_tape_zps8t44qkk0.jpg

decompression needle and airway tube.

needle_hose_zpsk8r54bll.jpg

redoing my med pouches away from kifaru pullouts...my new system is brown = tactical = trauma kit and red = boo boo kit only.

chinookmed ifak and tourniquet pouches...i'm liking this one a lot too...it can fit almost as much as the blue force gear trauma kit now! pouch but in a more compact package.

chinook_med_med_pouches_zpsebpm3uwb.jpg

same dimensions as a 32 oz nalgene.

chinookmed_pouch_size_zpsbwjm97ay.jpg

orca tactical and voodoo tactical pouches...these are sub $20 each but i'm surprised it's high quality.

orca_voodoo_med_pouches_01_zpsg0d32rpf.jpg

molle back rip-away panel.

orca_voodoo_med_pouches_02_zpswmtbixyo.jpg

for the curious, my bfg tkn! pouch's contents:
section a: celox syringe and refill, hyfin compact chest seals, decompression needle, airway tube, gloves, shears, and frog tape.
section b: 6" israeli bandage, packet of iodine, non-stick gauze.
section c: regular compressed gauze, celox-infused gauze, and gauze sponges.

bfg_tkn_contents_arked_zpswzvfadha.jpg

chinookmed ifak pouch's contents:
section a: regular compressed gauze.
section b: celox-infused gauze.
celox syringe and refill, hyfin compact chest seal, decompression needle, airway tube, gloves, shears, and frog tape.
section c: gauze sponges and gloves.
section d: hyfin compact chest seals, frog tape, 6" israeli bandage, and trauma shears.

chinookmed_pouch_contents_marked_zpszuy5guyx.jpg

bfg tkn! pouch on the eberlestock halftrack - my gun backpack.

halftrack_bfg_pouch_zpsqgfz1vxw.jpg

chinookmed ifak pouch on the tad litespeed - my edc/truck backpack...fits either outside or inside perfectly.

tad_pack_chinookmed_ifak_01_zpszc5zxnnl.jpg

tad_pack_chinookmed_ifak_02_zpsgvkhgmy2.jpg

bcm complete upper - 14.5" mid-length hammer forged barrel :) will go on my bcm complete lower that i bought last year.

bcm_upper_zps5dsoihg3.jpg

looked like they dipped the whole thing in oil...not a single dry spot, lol.

bcm_upper_oil_zpsumjn4rrx.jpg

aimpoint p.r.o.

aimpoint_pro_zpsc0dce0gr.jpg

larue lt104 mount for the aimpoint.

larue_aimpoint_mount_zpsxjltsl0w.jpg

bonus feature is there's a spare battery compartment underneath.

larue_lt104_battery_compartment_zpso76os7fn.jpg

troy tritium sights and surefire x300u - now up to 1,000 lumens...definitely a noticeable difference from my 600 lumens that are on my pistols.

surefire_x300_troy_sights_zpswkd7tnue.jpg

took awhile but my all-bcm build is now complete :D

bcm_g17_pelican_zpsw0j3ozmz.jpg

Last edited:
Don't think I have posted my new knives on this thread yet. This finger knife from J.J. Todd is a light, laser in AEB-L steel. Slide the belt through the cords or put it in a pocket, and I forget I have it. Takes a sticky sharp edge.
3ULLgjc.jpg

The two wrapped handle Tendick fixed blades and the Tideoute (GEC) whaler.

X9ZbqWt.jpg

3gYeSxU.jpg

This 14 inch bladed butcher knife and the neck knife are new too.

lziwSXl.jpg

0nbWUNt.jpg

I also just got 4 BearButt hammocks, but have not gotten a hammock stand yet to try them out!!

Last edited:
I went to the Blade Show West in Portland last month, met and made friends with the sales manager for Industrial Revolution, exclusive Canadian and US distributor for Morakniv, and with a provided discount code, picked up some seriously discounted gear through their https://www.industrialrev.com/ website.

IR_Morakniv.jpg

Got to hang out with outdoorsman Dave Canterbury too. It was a blast. :thumbsup:

spartan armor systems ar550 level iii+ 10"x12" with the triple curve and full coat.

spartan_armor_01_zpsydsde1be.jpg

ar650 level iii+ 10"x13" backpack insert.

spartan_armor_02_zpscgvtqjdd.jpg

the backpack insert still fits inside the goruck bullet 10l with the chinook medical ifak...i'll probably enclose the insert with some kind of cardboard sleeve or foam to raise it to a proper location on my torso.

spartan_armor_03_zpsvx0zdqpt.jpg

goruck rucker...testing one as a day hike pack and the other for work edc and see if it'll replace my gossamer gear minimalist and tad gear litespeed.

goruck_ruckers_zpslgvbkofi.jpg

i didn't know that the rucker already came with a bottom handle...i was going to send it in to scars for them to add it.

goruck_rucker_bottom_handle_zpsiaisibvs.jpg

the spartan armor's 10"x13" plate fits perfectly inside the sleeve.

spartan_plate_inside_rucker_zpssbgqnq7k.jpg

wire dopp.

goruck_wire_dopp_zpsbzzsrb0q.jpg

Back