Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

Liking this double badger. Just got it and still sighting it in. Ran outa daylight. Will shoot a nice variety of ammo. Thinking it'll be a great walking around gun around here. 410/22lr

fm4rn2V.jpg
One of these things doesn't belong.

Yep really I checked no inappropriate material in the pics. I did leave a bunch of stuff out but that's my little corner .. And I like to go through the background of other people's and friends pics so I left it all as is. Like to relax w a drink and clean my gun and that's what I was doing . Guess that's what you're going on about ?

Yep really I checked no inappropriate material in the pics. I did leave a bunch of stuff out but that's my little corner .. And I like to go through the background of other people's and friends pics so I left it all as is. Like to relax w a drink and clean my gun and that's what I was doing . Guess that's what you're going on about ?
Alcohol and firearms never belong together on the bench especially when handling (cleaning) a firearm. Clean the firearm, put it up, then have a drink.

You're doing it wrong
Ask all the instructors you can which of us is doing it wrong. I've been an instructor over two decades.

Drinking alcohol and handling firearms don't belong together. Clean the firearm, put it away, then drink.

One of these things doesn't belong.

I'm doing it my way, bubba.

Alcohol and firearms never belong together on the bench especially when handling (cleaning) a firearm. Clean the firearm, put it up, then have a drink.

Ask all the instructors you can which of us is doing it wrong. I've been an instructor over two decades.

If you look at your settings, there is a dial labelled 'sanctimonious.' Yours maybe set too high.

If you look at your settings, there is a dial labelled 'sanctimonious.' Yours maybe set too high.
I don't care what you call it. If I'm where a man is handling firearms, cleaning or otherwise, while drinking, I'm leaving. It's the smart thing to do.

Latests gear. Modest but useful.
NSamomU.jpg

I don't care what you call it. If I'm where a man is handling firearms, cleaning or otherwise, while drinking, I'm leaving. It's the smart thing to do.
Re settings: Its not just in this thread.

NjiwKUL.jpg

THYRM 'Pyro Vault' for your Zippo insert. Gasket makes sure the lighter goes longer between refills, as the lighter fluid doesnt evaporate in no time flat.

THYRM 'CellVault' battery storage and a bunch of rechargeable batteries.
NB the tube will accept CR123 and 18650 batteries. Also RCR123 but not rechargeable 18650 cells.

Im out and about with the hammock a lot all year round and its nice that the CellVault storage tube simply clips on to the MOLLE on a ruck. Especially if ones headlamp runs put of juice. No rooting through the ruck in the dead of night - just reach out and unclip the battery container.
Cells wont all spill out either, as one has to squeeze the middle of the tube to make it let go of all the batteries. Nifty.

Ever consider looking in the mirror?
I do that on an almost daily basis. An a-hole insists on looking back at me. Its just not a sanctimonious one.

Homemade kydex cover for a matchbox fresh off the press.
I often bring a lighter when in the woods but in some instances light a fire with matches. I usually bring both.
I found that a matchbox would get crushed in the pocket after a while and matches would spill out, so I made a kydex cover for the box from a small piece of scrap kydex I had around after some sheath making. Heated and folded the kydex, popped in a couple of eyelets and cut a groove with the Dremel.
Used matches to fire up the Emberlit Fireant for a brew - works a charm.
Also added a length of cord, so the cover can hang from a button/button hole and be readily available in camp.

sh6wv0c.jpg

Homemade kydex cover for a matchbox fresh off the press.
I often bring a lighter when in the woods but in some instances light a fire with matches. I usually bring both.
I found that a matchbox would get crushed in the pocket after a while and matches would spill out, so I made a kydex cover for the box from a small piece of scrap kydex I had around after some sheath making. Heated and folded the kydex, popped in a couple of eyelets and cut a groove with the Dremel.
Used matches to fire up the Emberlit Fireant for a brew - works a charm.
Also added a length of cord, so the cover can hang from a button/button hole and be readily available in camp.

sh6wv0c.jpg

This is super cool! Nice work!
Bruce

silky big boy large and x-large teeth. i've just about had it with my other ones which are all medium teeth (black handle)...i don't know if i was just tired or what on the last overnighter but it seemed to cut a lot slower than i remember even though it's a new blade :( my first medium years ago felt like using a chainsaw - it cut through hardwood extremely fast.

silky website recommends a fine for hardwood but from testing (big boy 170 medium vs. super accel fine) on seasoned oak and maple the fine actually cuts far slower than the medium (although the cuts are a lot smoother but i don't care about that for firewood)...so i finally broke down and will test the other end of the spectrum and just get the definitive answer once and for all.

silky_red_yellow_zpsano4m8e6.jpg

Back