Post your 165's!

I like the re-handle on the 165. :) Did you do it, or have it farmed out?
Thanks!
I took the old handles off. Polished the blade as much as possible, sharpened it, did the file work and sent it off for the scales.

This was my grandfathers 165, the handles were cracked, sheath mildewed and blade rusted when I found it and the bird and trout style knife which I believe to be schrade as well. I had the 165 reworked and my dad had the bird and trout knife fixed up as well.

Nice knives! The bird and trout knife was made by Queen, has Winterbottom bone handles and has not been altered.

Adding mine to the thread...

Schrade%20USA%20165_zpsg9jluhgh.jpg

Thanks! I never tire of seeing these!

You're very welcome and in a way Codger, you made it happen. I remember reading your posts and the wonderful pix and tales of this knife at the deer camps and was hooked. Couldn't even afford to look for them till lately but I never forgot your praise for these knives so...

Thank you!!!! :)

You're very welcome and in a way Codger, you made it happen. I remember reading your posts and the wonderful pix and tales of this knife at the deer camps and was hooked. Couldn't even afford to look for them till lately but I never forgot your praise for these knives so...

Thank you!!!! :)

You may not have had a chance to take it out and put it to work yet, but hopefully you have spent some time fondling it. Does it live up to my hype about the feel in hand and blade length/weight ratio? Now you have me wanting to unpack my 165's and play with them again! Congrats on the get! As you know, like land, they aren't making any more of these. All that are out there are all there will ever be.

You may not have had a chance to take it out and put it to work yet, but hopefully you have spent some time fondling it. Does it live up to my hype about the feel in hand and blade length/weight ratio? Now you have me wanting to unpack my 165's and play with them again! Congrats on the get! As you know, like land, they aren't making any more of these. All that are out there are all there will ever be.

Yes, I have enjoyed handling and putting it on the stone. As you've said, it fits the hand perfectly, the balance is just right and it handles effortlessly, like an extension of your hand. It came back razor sharp with very little effort...hard to beat Schrade 1095!!!!!!

I love it and already have two more (different versions) on the way!!!! :thumbup: :)

Be sure to pay the house payment, car insurance and buy food before you visit eBay again! :D

An "un-boxing" snapshot... Man, if these knives could talk! :)

Campfire%20Tales_zps8rh0cbhq.jpg

I'll try for better shots tomorrow. :thumbup:

Newest 165's including a S-W (top) and two awesome Craftsman hidden tangs (one a Deerslayer) facilitated by Tongueriver (Thanks bud)!!!!!
new%20additions_zpserxi4a96.jpg

My collection.
All%20165s_zpswoggeaaq.jpg

Poor pics, sorry.

Back