Post YOUR Ban Tang Knife

Here's a few pics of my short bowie. Such a great knife, and sheath. Thanks for making it/them, Ban, and for making them so well. Fit and finish is exemplary.

kgzcgMB.jpg

pYGUbg3.jpg

The blade truly arrived "stupid" or scary sharp. Sharpest knife I've ever received. Love the full convex grind and some of its other details, like the way the sheath locks securely into the first grommet.

Last edited:
Where in the hell did you come from and where did that "knife" come from!#$ Ban must be making knives and selling them on the low down! That thing looks like a great fruit cutting machine :D

Specs please? TIA

Really nice, all of them. Where were the other two made, ScorpioVI?

Edit, from your other post, looks like the Philippines. Still doing Escrima? I take classes on Sundays at Lowell HS in SF and you'd be very welcome to come.

...don't make me look at that again.. Ban, you need to make another one of these... O_O

Damn, I buried the Reaper deep in the safe and when I opened it there were TWO!

i-5PFLdwx-XL.jpg

i-G8qj8FQ-XL.jpg

Just kidding, my buddy/training partner bought the other Reaper and we just had to compare. As far as I know these are the only two in existence because Ban hates making these blades. :p

And it looks like I did a hit & run last time I was here, I apologize, I don't post here very often.

Where in the hell did you come from and where did that "knife" come from!#$ Ban must be making knives and selling them on the low down! That thing looks like a great fruit cutting machine :D

Specs please? TIA

Specs: 3/16" thick A2 tool steel. 23 1/2" OAL with 16 1/2" blade. Black linen micarta for the handles. Ban based the blade of one of my ginuntings (the one with the carved demon handle) which is a classic Filipino (Visayan) design.

Really nice, all of them. Where were the other two made, ScorpioVI?

Edit, from your other post, looks like the Philippines. Still doing Escrima? I take classes on Sundays at Lowell HS in SF and you'd be very welcome to come.

Top blade was made by Typhoon Gear, the same company that makes the ginunting for the Philippine Marines. They were briefly selling them here in the US, but the company was poorly managed (took me almost 6 months to get that blade from order) and they folded not long after I got it, maybe 6 years ago...

Bottom blade is made by Valiant Trading Company (http://www.valiantco.com/), not to be confused with that crappy Valiant Armory. Probably my favorite modern blade (2nd only to Ban's of course). I have 2 other pieces from VTC and they're all of superb craftsmanship.

Nice collection! Who do you train with?

I trained with Guro Ward (Inayan Eskrima), and mainly specialize in Serrada. I've moved away from FMA a bit and mainly doing the Shivworks courseworks now.

Man, Ban Tang knives look really cool. I've known about this company for a awhile now and I'm definitely checking out some Ban Tang knives. I will definitely cop one once I get a job. Plus, Ban I live in San Jose as well. HOLLA!!!

Back