Post your Becker knives pics here

20 doing a Great job as usual

8HciJPN.jpg

Woo, the 11 micarta scales came in! Fills the hand so much better now. Also added some stuff to the sheath: used cable clamps to attach a fero rod ( which due to the shape of the handle, it 'clicks' in place), as well as a wrap of different weight bank line, more paracord, and a small led light. Might tuck some other survival items underneath the cordage, like a couple water tablets and some fish hooks. Also I draw-filled the spine to make it strike sparks better, and slimmed the edge bevel even more. Slices tomaters like a champ!

Weight and profile are still negligible, it's become my new every day carry.

IMG-20190410-103010.jpg

IMG-20190410-103037.jpg

Picked up this Like new Bk1 Brute with a little heads up from Brotha The Warrior The Warrior My first chopping impressions was well... Like swinging a piece of angle iron. A fresh batch of 80grit ceramic belts was immediately on order. After a few hours of grinding and polishing i achieved a nice 20° Convex edge. This Brute chops like a dream now. I beat up a cured oak limp for awhile and checked the edge. No rolls No Chips. Nothing but chunks of timber flying. My 4, 21, 9, and even my beloved 6 have been shoved under the bed. I'm in Love with Bruteosaurusrex now. Before picture.
After pictures. B-Rex ain't so new no mo
o

Picked up this Like new Bk1 Brute with a little heads up from Brotha The Warrior The Warrior My first chopping impressions was well... Like swinging a piece of angle iron. A fresh batch of 80grit ceramic belts was immediately on order. After a few hours of grinding and polishing i achieved a nice 20° Convex edge. This Brute chops like a dream now. I beat up a cured oak limp for awhile and checked the edge. No rolls No Chips. Nothing but chunks of timber flying. My 4, 21, 9, and even my beloved 6 have been shoved under the bed. I'm in Love with Bruteosaurusrex now. Before picture.
o

Congrats on your new blade. It’s very unique. Your mods absolutely make it better. Enjoy this piece of Becker history. :thumbsup:

o

Cool! So you like
o

Awesome. I've been trying to choose between the 9 & the 21, but this BK1 is really what I want. I convex all my big choppers, that's definitely the way to go. Keep an eye out for one for me too Brotha!

o

Glad you like it man.

I would like to get this one sandblasted, I have another Cam Brute that is stripped and I have worked on the edge a bit so it's usable but i'm sure it could be a lot better. I also have a Blackjack that has the factory satin finish and what I think is a mostly factory edge, they are ground a lot thinner that the Camillus Brutes.

Boss1911 said:
That's a great looking Brute. I have a gun show find Brute (kinda like a barn find in the car world) that is need of some love. You have inspired me to get that project going again.
The Cam steel can handle a 20º convex without rolling or chipping. I'd previously convexed a .250 Cam Machaxe to 20º with zero issues. And even if it did you could come back and do a 25 or 30º and have plenty of support behind the edge with that thick of a steel.

Back