Post your Becker knives pics here

What'cha got in work there tjswarbrick? Custom scale liners for the handle? Gotta say I'm like'n the O.D.! :thumbup:

Thank you!

Just tryin to make my Becker as comfy as an ESEE...

Just kidding.

Yep. Liners.
Tommy the who's finest in Rosewood are due any day, so I thought I'd start getting things ready.

That was a piece of Shadetree Emerald burlap. I dusted it's mate a long time ago, so decided to split it and use for liners.
It came out a little thicker than I expected (.12".) But my abrasive wheel is back - ordered so I'm going to see if they'll do, or if I need to thin 'em once the handles arrive.

I wouldn't thin them much at all.

Once the slabs are on, reshape them to your required thickness and have the liner proud around the wood slabs.
The green and wood will work well together, especially with the black spine of the tang.

I wouldn't thin them much at all.

Once the slabs are on, reshape them to your required thickness and have the liner proud around the wood slabs.
The green and wood will work well together, especially with the black spine of the tang.

That's pretty much the idea, yes.
I was hoping they'd come out around .06". I'll need to see how well they fit my XL hands once the scales are in place.
If I like it, longer stainless hardware is no trouble.

Well, I was thinking that You would sand down and refinish the wooden slabs to be near stock width and profile.
This would give the green liners a 1/4" ring around the wood slabs and basically "frame" them nicely.

Well, I was thinking that You would sand down and refinish the wooden slabs to be near stock width and profile.
This would give the green liners a 1/4" ring around the wood slabs and basically "frame" them nicely.

You mean something like this? :D

Takes me a long time, and I wanted something a bit more polished on The King.
But it turns out I'm gonna need to do a little trimming anyway, since my liners are slightly undersize.
Anyway, should be a fun project. If it turns out well, pics will be posted.

I was thinking of the liners being visable from the side. Like this:
78615a_3812a333f56f4f6ab45d3a2d94945450.jpg_srz_720_480_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

I forget when they changed over, but think it was about a year ago. There's a thread on it somewhere. Not really "old", but earlier-run.
BK20's got the new coating.
My first 15 has long been stripped.
2nd I bought shortly before learning they were being discontinued. It's crinkled, too.

I wonder if those didn't get switched to the new coating since Ka-Bar was going to take 'em off the roster.
Looks like more research is in order.

Last edited:
I'm probably wrong on the exact year but I think they switched from the smooth coating to the traction coating around 2012 when they began the laser etch and ditched the stamping. But...before Ka-Bar began producing Backers Camillus did have the traction coating as well so I can see how it could seem to be an oldie style. There are some stamped smooth coated 15s but they're rare early production pieces

Thanks. I took a look at my most recent 15 and it's got the textured coating. But it appears the 4,5 and 20 are smoother.
I know the 20 is newer.

Whatever - if it's a user the black comes off anyway...

Started carrying my BK24 on my Chrome Messenger bag when I cycle in to work. It fits great. Looking at getting it in just black so it's less obvious.
IMG_20170221_082759_zpsz4ekoh2s.jpg

Bk14, and the only covered bridge in the area:

1.png

2.png

Back