Post your Big Chris knife pics here!!!!!

Here are some of mine:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 264
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 257
Here are some nice curls courtesy of this BCCK.

023_zpsa3bde322.jpg

Here is a Big Chris that has never been introduced to the public. It is his first (and only) attempt at a folder. He made it about 3 years ago, carried it for a few weeks and it has sat in a box since. Pay close attention to those scales, one side is black/yellow and the other is blue/black. He was using what we had. The blade is unstamped. Chris says he learned a lot from making this folder and looks forward to making another in the future. Hopefully, it will be a little prettier than this one.

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

Last edited:
VNdUCiP.jpg

Big Chris Wolverine in M4, 5" blade. Handle is dyed Box Elder burl. I haven't touched the edge since I got the knife several months back. The M4 is just incredible, and may be my new favorite steel because of the performance of this knife.

That is my absolute favorite handle material Chris has used.

That is a drop dead gorgeous Wolverine. I have a couple of Bill Akers knives in dyed box elder burl and it is one of my favorite handle materials. Not near as fancy, but I'm certainly proud of this Big Chris Camp Knife I recently acquired from Micah.

P1010287_zpsd7d78864.jpg

That is a drop dead gorgeous Wolverine. I have a couple of Bill Akers knives in dyed box elder burl and it is one of my favorite handle materials. Not near as fancy, but I'm certainly proud of this Big Chris Camp Knife I recently acquired from Micah.

P1010287_zpsd7d78864.jpg

Brisket - I'm proud to own it! That Camp Knife looks like it would do anything you needed it to. What's the blade length on there? I dig it!

daniel4572 - I really like the tan handle trailing point model.

Thanks
It's an awesome knife. I've only had the chance to use it in the kitchen
but I will have it with me for a week camping in August.
I'm sure it will perform just as good outside as it does inside:)

Brisket - I'm proud to own it! That Camp Knife looks like it would do anything you needed it to. What's the blade length on there? I dig it!

AlexWitte - Just a bit over 9" from handle to tip. Big Chris, of course, makes great handles to it has a very nice in-hand feel to it.

P1010289_zpsd7569842.jpg

Which steel did you choose and how does it handle tomato juice?

It's CPM 154 (this was a blade Chris had for sale, so not custom). I've not had any issues at all with tomato juice or staining.

While not exotic, I've found Chris's CPM 154 to perform flawlessly. I absolutely love this knife.

I have made a lot of knives that I said I was going to keep once finished but always ended up selling.
This S110V Bowie I made for me with the intention to keep and carry. I really feel that this is one of the best looking knives I have made.

IMG_2455.jpg

Chris made this Z-Wear blade for me a little while ago as a test knife. He went the extra mile and ground the edge thin and put a nice double distal taper on it. I was going to make a quick and simple handle but the knife was too nice and needed something to complement Chris's work. I used green canvas micarta with brass hardware and fitted it to a Tek-Lok compatible kydex sheath.:thumbup:
image by waterstoneblades, on Flickr
image by waterstoneblades, on Flickr

Back