Post your CRK carry knife for today.

Kilogolf65 Said "Anything Wrong with this"

You Tanto Bladed your Star-Benza.

Me too. Just so the purest know; no knives where hurt or disfigured during this surgery.

I have not harmed any CRKs either. All have been restored to their former Sebenzaness.... Interestingly enough each of the configs worked with no blade play in any direction. However, the lockup with the tanto blade in the WC frame was at 80% or so. Quite a bit more than it's own blade.

qjDdEV0.jpg

Red O-rings? Liking that.... where did you come across those?

Interestingly enough it seems like the only place to get colored o rings is from tattoo/body art places. I got mine at bodyartforms dot com. They have a whole bunch of colors. The 8 gauge o rings are the ones you want.

Interestingly enough it seems like the only place to get colored o rings is from tattoo/body art places. I got mine at bodyartforms dot com. They have a whole bunch of colors. The 8 gauge o rings are the ones you want.

Don't want to think what they are used for normally. Ha! Thanks

Good morning, forumites.

IMG_0169.JPG

I really like his knife. It's my only tanto blade and my favorite grinds on a tanto blade. I've been prying and stabbing with it and it's still shaving sharp. Immediately after learning how to use it well, I took it and abused it to immenint death. Not a chance, the lock-bar seated better, and it took quite the beating. It was hard to do that with a special order knife that cost $425. I really thought small chipping or rolling would happen, but it didn't.

When I was considering CRK, because of their service and warranty, I researched quite a bit. For all the bad stories and accolades, there was good just as many positive. Let me add to the positive, CRK and this model rocks. Moreover, warranty/CS is top notch and CRK stands behind their product. Mercia!

Current conclusions: I don't think I could deploy this knife in a high stress situation; but this is my first modern knife I carry in a pocket...so practice...I guess. This is also my first modern folder without a flipper or auto (one way or another). As a smasher, I could do that, and then deploy, but as of now, that's my best with this knife. I do see exactly what CRK was doing designing this knife -- a sneak up silent deploying defensive tool made for "Chiefs." This one is gonna be bored in the suburbs, like so many, but that's a good thing, these days.

Back